Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is this tool for, ....any ideas?

Article about: Yeah I think so I used to have a similar one and that was what it was Artillery tool Spotter I think has nailed it. timothy

Default What is this tool for, ....any ideas?

I have just picked up some more items that were rescued from the German tunnels built here on Jersey during the Occupation of the Island, and were used to dump tons of German kit once it was all over. This tool was removed I expect in the mid 50's as its still in good condition. I have a couple of ideas as to its actual use but would like to hear from Forum members what thoughts they have. I like the leather strap attached to the tool. Might this have been used to secure the tool to a wrist whilst in use... I don't know. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I take it that the makers 3 letter code is COM for the Mafa Werke.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this tool for, ....any ideas?   What is this tool for, ....any ideas?  

What is this tool for, ....any ideas?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this tool for, ....any ideas?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is this tool for, ....any ideas?

looks like a wrench to secure round nut with 2 indentations - similar to that used on the grinder.
    can you post photo of the other side of the wrench ?

Looks to me like a spanner for fitting/removing shell fuses. Are there lugs on the other side?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Your on the right track Big Ned, or at least your on the same line of thinking as me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this tool for, ....any ideas?  

Is it for changing the sights on a m.g? Just going on some of the other gear you've posted that appears related?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned,
    I don't think so, I believe the first thoughts we has were closer to the mark.... some sort of fusing tool perhaps. I will start to look around now myself as I don't know either I just have a gut feeling its for ordnance.
    D.

?

Mafa Werk is listed as makers of artillery fuse timing tools.....
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Very similar to ANGLE GRINDER WRENCH CY04P
    Wrench to unbolt specific bolt

As there is a german fuze the AZ 23 umg (O8) which can be set for instantaeneous or with a delay of 0.8 of a second,and as thats whats marked on the handle i would go with a fuze wrench ,this fuze was used on the following size projectiles 150mm 210mm 220mm 240mm

Hi Spotter,
    Yes I think you have it sorted. I googled it after my initial thoughts and its confirmed for sure. It was just an interesting piece to get my hands on.
    D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast