MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What is this tornister?

Article about: Hard to say from my screen, perhaps Luftwaffe blue or early Heer grey...you know better... Thanks

Default Re: What is this tornister?

Hard to say from my screen, perhaps Luftwaffe blue or early Heer grey...you know better...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this tornister?
    P
    Many

Like the other guys said it's a M39, also called Affie
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Here is a little more information on your Tornister Modell 1939 there were two variations of this model made with concerns to the straps,One variation came with full length leather straps which would take the place of the Breadbag straps (Brotbeutel ) that are on your pack now there was also another variation made which had shortened leather straps with D rings attached to them so that it could be used in conjunction with the Y-straps (Koppeltragegestell ) .Early in the war with the ramp up of the production of the Y-straps there were more of them made widely available to the troops in the field so there were more M39's produced as well with the shortened straps I will include a few images of Tornisters so that you may see the difference plus one technical drawing of the suggested contents for a Tornister.
    PS. You will notice in the technical drawing it makes reference to a messtin cover these were not carried over to the M39 from the M34's sorry could not find a tech drawing for the M39

Kind Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this tornister?   What is this tornister?  

What is this tornister?  
    Attached Images Attached Images What is this tornister? 
    Last edited by Mark K; 01-18-2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: change info

?

I am going to switch out the straps does anyone know where i could get the original like hooks?

?

Thanks guys for all the info!! Could you make replacement D hooks?

?

Corey you dont need D hooks you will need to find some original straps with hardware and this may take time so you will need to have some patiance and look at different sites. You may get lucky and find a damaged one for sale out there( try google searching M39 Tornisters and start to visit the sites that come up ) I have looked around for the last half hour and I can not find any straps for sale someone else may have a different suggestion or know were to find them though.. I for now would keep it the way it is till you can find some replacments as it is still a very nice Tornister even with the breadbag straps .

Regards Mark K

?

Thank you Mark i took out the straps but didnt put the pins back incase i change my mind I found some hooks on Ebay and 10$ a piece (Scam..) So i might just drop by a Rona get some hooks that look like D hooks and ill make some myself for the time being.. But i love the tornister on the Y straps not to crazy of the Backpack look... So i want to change it thanks for all the help mark and if you find some cheap let me know

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2