Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Where do you start?

Article about: Great pic of the beginning of souvenir collecting, what to take, what to take... Post pics of similar piles of goodies if you have them ;-)

Thx Ned.

Must not be a heavily faked item, I haven't seen it out there much. I take it an Infanterie mann like this would have achieved these kills with a Panzerfaust, or grenades?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Where do you start?
    P
    Many

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Thx Ned.

Must not be a heavily faked item, I haven't seen it out there much. I take it an Infanterie mann like this would have achieved these kills with a Panzerfaust, or grenades?
    It's highly faked! I reckon 8 out of 10 are bad if taken as a whole. Fausts, grenades and satchel charges would be a favourite as the award stipulated hand held explosives, although I've heard of guys dragging AT mines out in front of oncoming tanks as well, so whatever it took I guess.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Well I sit corrected on that one, I just haven't noticed the awards out there much, or on this site for perusal like the SS stuff... I remember a crazy story of someone somewhere training dogs to run out in front of a tank track with an explosive strapped to it's back? Noooo, not Fido!

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Well I sit corrected on that one, I just haven't noticed the awards out there much, or on this site for perusal like the SS stuff... I remember a crazy story of someone somewhere training dogs to run out in front of a tank track with an explosive strapped to it's back? Noooo, not Fido!
    Russians, they starved the dogs. Hid meat under tanks. Dogs ran to get food under tank. If I remember correctly, there was a stick on top of the dog that when it hit the underside of the tank it went down and went boom! (Could be manual triggers for the explosives ones too, have seen both?) But also the Russians trained the dogs on their own tanks, and apparently the Germans used a different type of fuel. So the dogs would run back to the familiar smelling Russian tanks. And well you can guess what would happen next.

How come the guard has let the tank killer walk on with his weapon ??

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I'm guessing there is a pile of Machine Pistole just past the K98k rifles?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    How come the guard has let the tank killer walk on with his weapon ??

Nick
    He's snuck through the green channel......The little tinker!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Fausts, grenades and satchel charges would be a favourite as the award stipulated hand held explosives, although I've heard of guys dragging AT mines out in front of oncoming tanks as well, so whatever it took I guess.....
    Not to mention that an enormous pair of swingers would be necessary as well!

I hear that!

Look at this guy, he's the consumate Wehrmacht action figure, sort of reminds me of Tom Cruise...

I'll play, no Germans or Brits in this picture, but plenty of goodies.

V/r Lance

Where do you start?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2