Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Wheres the best place to buy German field gear?

Article about: Hey guys, im looking to start collecting german field gear for an eventual mannequin display. I saw one website which had alot of items and looked promising. Its called Ardennes44.com and is

?

Default Wheres the best place to buy German field gear?

Hey guys, im looking to start collecting german field gear for an eventual mannequin display. I saw one website which had alot of items and looked promising. Its called Ardennes44.com and is based in europe. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Will

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wheres the best place to buy German field gear?
    P
    Many

Hi Will

Let me begin to say that there is no best place to buy stuff, there are several

If you are not in a hurry, look in several places , check here first before buying something, and look for good prices....

ardennes44 is a good place, and I know Mathieu, and all his stuff is original, only problem i have that hist stuff is way overpriced, but that is just my opinion... If you have enough money and don't care about prices, his place is a good place to buy stuff.

There are a lot of dealers around (some of them good, some even better, and some just plain bad, with a lof of faked stuff )

My advice, make a plan, what do you want to represent, late war soldier, early war.... etc etc, then start looking for stuff.....

Tom

I agree with Tom. Focus on a period and begin with a typical piece of gear like a mess tin or canteen. Also, check our classifieds. Consider going to militaria shows where you can often find a bargain if you look hard enough. There must be some decent shows out your way. Do your homework with a specified hit list of items. NH

?

Too bad in vegas they dont really come around that often. I was wondering if any websites specialized it in?

I recommend German Ebay...Ebay.de for equipment at affordable prices...go to the Militaria section and check out "Ausrustung"...you'll find everything you need as far as combat gear is concerned...
    Glenn

I took a look at Ardennes44. Very nice stuff - most in top condition BUT the pricing was trés cher as the French say. I saw socks for 350 Euros! Only a few items were in a reasonable price zone. There are a few things there that are affordable for the novice collector but you may wish to start elsewhere. NH