Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

white winter camouflage Zeiss or Marineglas binoculars

Article about: Hello all, A friend sent these to me to photograph so people here could better see the application of the white paint. To me, the aging of the paint on the leather, the verdigris from the br

Default white winter camouflage Zeiss or Marineglas binoculars

Hello all,

A friend sent these to me to photograph so people here could better see the application of the white paint. To me, the aging of the paint on the leather, the verdigris from the brass, and the overall patina look fine to me. Additional feedback and opinions on this DF6x30 would be greatly appreciated.

I thought some of the camo experts might chime in.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture white winter camouflage Zeiss or Marineglas binoculars   white winter camouflage Zeiss or Marineglas binoculars  

white winter camouflage Zeiss or Marineglas binoculars   white winter camouflage Zeiss or Marineglas binoculars  

white winter camouflage Zeiss or Marineglas binoculars   white winter camouflage Zeiss or Marineglas binoculars  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement white winter camouflage Zeiss or Marineglas binoculars
    P
    Many

Don't know if it's just my eyes, but the colour looks more like Dunkelgelb than camouflage white in these photos. I know it was used on pretty much everything later on in the war, and I've seen binoculars painted with it that looked exactly like those ones.

May just be me being blind, but that's what I see.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Don't know if it's just my eyes, but the colour looks more like Dunkelgelb than camouflage white in these photos. I know it was used on pretty much everything later on in the war, and I've seen binoculars painted with it that looked exactly like those ones.

May just be me being blind, but that's what I see.

B.B.
    so the paint looks correct and period to you? They are most certainly white, I digitally edited the images to enhance the detail (and that altered the coloration)

this set came back with a helmet as well and I believe the paint to be the same.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture white winter camouflage Zeiss or Marineglas binoculars   white winter camouflage Zeiss or Marineglas binoculars  

MAP
    ?

I will never call myself an expert but I do own a few camo helmets. I'm looking at this from a tablet and not my PC but I'm not seeing anything that screams artificial wear. Chips and wear appear in areas you would expect.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

They look fine to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!