Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Why All The Third Reich Fakes? Is There a Story Here?

Article about: In the very short time I have been on this forum I have learned a lot. There are seamingly more fakes -- and some good quality fakes at that -- than there are real pieces from the Third Reic

Default Re: Why All The Third Reich Fakes? Is There a Story Here?

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    They also made fakes during the third Reich.

Cheers, Pat
    Hi Patrick...please elaborate I am somewhat puzzled.....and maybe for some others....During that time period and under the NS rule...my question would be..isnt anything produced during that time authentic?
    People go as far as collecting Porcellin allach China dishes flat wear....Evas Underwear...I feel anything that wasnt nailed down when the occupying forces came in was collectioble and authenitic.
    What would be deemed Fake during the Thrid Reich period? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Why All The Third Reich Fakes?  Is There a Story Here?
    P
    Many

?

I believe people faked uniforms exc like people now fake Nike shoes and clothes. I read if somewhere on the forum but I could be wrong and have misread it.

Cheers, Pat

Why All The Third Reich Fakes?  Is There a Story Here?
    They also made fakes during the third Reich.

Cheers, Pat

They also made fakes before the III. Reich, in fact.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Patrick...please elaborate I am somewhat puzzled.....and maybe for some others....During that time period and under the NS rule...my question would be..isnt anything produced during that time authentic?
    People go as far as collecting Porcellin allach China dishes flat wear....Evas Underwear...I feel anything that wasnt nailed down when the occupying forces came in was collectioble and authenitic.
    What would be deemed Fake during the Thrid Reich period? Regards Larry
    I have made many posts on this subject with the evidence from the RZM. In great detail. One of the roles and missions of the RZM was to suppress fakers, i.e. persons who sold cheap or inferior pieces of regalia without permission and otherwise to harm and undermine the party. A series of ordinances and laws emerged in late 1933 to protect the symbols and uniforms of the party, which gave the RZM further legal mandate for its purpose. The pages of the RZM circular are filled with the lurid accounts of unauthorized production of party regalia and the means taken to punish offenders. Such was also part of the regime's attempt to disenfranchise those whom it deemed to be an enemy.

Why All The Third Reich Fakes?  Is There a Story Here?Why All The Third Reich Fakes?  Is There a Story Here?The faking of this material is hardly news. This work of an acquaintance of mine appeared in 1969.

An internet personality who is heir to von Moellendorff has more or less put this booklet of 1969 in updated form on line once more.... I am in no way connected to the former person or present person, but such contains an account of the evolution of fakery, for what little it is worth.

That answers some questions thank you Friedrich. Seems as though "private enterprisers" were looking to make a fast buck under the radar of the RZM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    That answers some questions thank you Friedrich. Seems as though "private enterprisers" were looking to make a fast buck under the radar of the RZM.
    The issue was well present when I started, and had been going on for decades before I even began. The internet has distorted the process in some displeasing ways and also made the role of nemesis of fakes into a favorite past time of internet savants and such for whom historical research in the actual sources is too difficult, boring, or to their minds, irrelevant.....

Adrian Stevenson has made clear to me, at least, the imperative that this site accentuate real material, its display, its analysis, and its moderate worship versus the cult of paranoia and such that is legion elsewhere. He also made clear to me, as well, as his favoring of the use of primary sources in their variety, their analysis and their centrality in the hope to understand this conflicted material.

I believe people faked uniforms exc like people now fake Nike shoes and clothes. I read if somewhere on the forum but I could be wrong and have misread it.

Cheers, Pat
    Pat-
    I firmly believe that your information is incorrect. The only thing that would have been faked during and just before the war would be costumes and props from anti-Nazi films. Hollywood never got the breast eagles right on Heer uniforms. They were four times the size of the genuine article. Possibly that was done just to highlight the swastika.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Yep Money is the name of the game. Judging by the questions raised by members considering a purchase I found it amazing at how much fakery is actually going on. Seems blatant when it comes to daggers and articles of clothing such as uniforms. I just feel bad for someone who lays out a considerable sum of cash only to find out it is not genuine. Pays to buy from a reputable dealer or at least have a knowledgeable person who knows how to spot fakes along for the ride.

?

Just a quick observation , which in essence confuses me and reltes to Bobs and Fb,s posts, has anyone else noticed, that in quite a lot of the early wartime films the breast eagles are as Bob states , oversized , yet when the subject relates to KM depictions the eagles invariably appear to be in the correct proportions, even when a group of senior officers are sharing the same scene, say at a conference table etc ???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast