Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

wierd paint sceme on these binoculars

Article about: I just bought this set for less then a hundred bucks. I hope I didn't get ripped off but it has that salty look to it. well used. I don't like mint perfect items...ANYWAYS it has traces of t

Angry wierd paint sceme on these binoculars

I just bought this set for less then a hundred bucks. I hope I didn't get ripped off but it has that salty look to it. well used. I don't like mint perfect items...ANYWAYS it has traces of the ordanance tan paint but why would it be painted black then painted over? I thought they used the tan color after black wasn't a option anymore....any thoughts? thanks!wierd paint sceme on these binocularswierd paint sceme on these binocularswierd paint sceme on these binocularswierd paint sceme on these binocularswierd paint sceme on these binocularswierd paint sceme on these binocularswierd paint sceme on these binoculars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement wierd paint sceme on these binoculars
    P
    Many

any thoughts?

?

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    any thoughts?
    just looks like patina , wear & tear IMO

its paint trust me

If black paint has been put over the original tan coat, it could be a post-war solution applied then.
    Sometimes original wartime equipment was used for e.g. civil purposes after 1945 and in this case it could be acquired by the hunter and black coat would seem to be more acceptable than “ordinary yellow” one. My grandfather, as the NCO of the Polish Army brought home his service binoculars after September 1939 campaign. He used them for hunting for next 30 years and (lucky for me) there was no need to adopt them because they were in stylish, black paint coat.

I would say the same as Tomasz.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I'll third that!...

Thanks for you everyones advice

- - ------- - -

Thanks for you everyones advice