Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wood tip rounds are they real

Article about: ah,just thought you was knowing the standard rifle for the army gone from 7.62 to 5.56.

Default Re: Wood tip rounds are they real

ah,just thought you was knowing the standard rifle for the army gone from 7.62 to 5.56.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wood tip rounds are they real
    P
    Many

Yes, I have shot the old 7.62 SLR and the "new" SA 80.

Cheers, Ade.

people slag of the SA80 A2 but iv used it for the past 5 years put it through its paces snow sand mud water everything on tour it never failed.The only thing its alittle heavy compaired to some rifles like m16 what you think of it.But i love firing the GPMG i like it more than the .50 cal

?

As a matter of interest, we used "bulleted blank" on the Bren gun, during training, fitted with a masher barrel, but change the barrel over and it was a deadly, and i mean deadly weapon at close range, we had a dirt bag of a corporal instructor in the TA , he used this weapon to wake us up one morning, we were open air sleeping right next to a large hedge, he fired the Bren off and removed the top of the hedge right above our heads. You can imagine we all had to change underpants. We got our own back though, one of the guys threw a thunderflash into his bivvie and it landed under his cot, he never used the bren like that again.

haha i bet he didnt,iv never fired a bren an i would love to

?

Yeah , its a good old bird, easy to put together and take apart, and reliable as hell,not much would go wrong with it, you might have the odd stoppage but that was usually down to a round not feeding from the mag properly, if you put 30 rounds in , we usually put 29 that way the spring wasnt over stressed, nothing like a line of brens all firing at the same time

Hi,
    Yes as stated they are the standard 7.92mm Platzpatronen. We had loads of them here after the German Occupation of our Island.... Jersey. I have even fired a belt or two of them through my MG.34 with a blank firing barrel.... you could not use them with the standard mg barrel. I always smile when I think about firing them as there was a fantastic smell of pepper after they had all been fired. The ring of notches around the casing indicate that the rounds are reloads. If you would like to see some of my collection then look at Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2