Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?

Article about: Hi everyone, I recently purchased these Binoculars with case and was told they were WW2 but I couldn’t find any wartime markings on them, let me know your thoughts thanks !

Default WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?

Hi everyone,
    I recently purchased these Binoculars with case and was told they were WW2 but I couldn’t find any wartime markings on them, let me know your thoughts thanks !
    WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 7x50 Binoculars with case?
    P
    Many

A lot of binoculars were privately purchased from civilian manufacturers, so not all field glasses used in the period would have military markings on them. Some information on the Ernst Leitz GmbH company, the manufacturer of this set:

''In the late 1930s, Ernst Leitz II. assisted a number of Jewish employees in fleeing Germany. In 1942, the Ernst Leitz GmbH employed a total of 195 foreign citizens. By January 1945, there were 989 forced laborers, 643 of them "Ostarbeiter", predominantly from Ukraine, and 316 "Westarbeiter" from France and the Benelux.''

Going on the style of case, I'd say yours are a period civilian pair that were purchased and used in a military role. There's no way of knowing for sure, of course. But either way, the case and glasses are perfectly good display pieces.

Regards, B.B.

As I was trying to write this morning on the money of the outage!! looks like the case has a WW2 US officer's serial no. on it?

Several observations. The binoculars are military style with individual eye focus. I don't see a range finding reticle in the photo. Does this pair have it? Civilian models were usually central focus with no reticle. It is true that civilian or peace time manufactured binoculars were put in service. They were also made into the post war period. Tracing the serial number should help determine age. The marking on the case appears to be of a US service man perhaps? Someone with knowledge of Identification numbers may be able to elaborate. NH

- - ------- - -

Rene beat me to it! Looks like they may be a capture set. NH

Hi, is their something about the serial number that tells you he was an officer? I bought these off of someone and they didn’t tell me the history behind them, not sure if they even knew.

Also you mentioned something about a range finding reticule what would that look like?

Quote by Bryce Imbody View Post
    Hi, is their something about the serial number that tells you he was an officer? I bought these off of someone and they didn’t tell me the history behind them, not sure if they even knew.
    The O in the ASN signifies an officer. Look in I think by memory the right lens you will see horizontal lines. Usually optics marked with "Deinst glass" will have these lines.

Hi Guys I think I found the Veteran who brought these back from the war! Obituary | Richard VanDorn Shelby of Lafayette, Indiana | Shelby Funeral Home