Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 flask

Article about: Can any tell me anything about this flask. It is supposed to be WW2 vintage. It doesn't look like it has been used in battle. Wonder under what conditions was this used or was it just decora

?

Default WW2 flask

Can any tell me anything about this flask. It is supposed to be WW2 vintage. It doesn't look like it has been used in battle. Wonder under what conditions was this used or was it just decorative?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 flask   WW2 flask  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 flask
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 flask

These are not used in combat etc.

They are decorative souvenirs which a soldier could buy to remember his service time. It was an old tradition dating back to before WW1. Known as "Reservists Flasks".

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    These are not used in combat etc.

They are decorative souvenirs which a soldier could buy to remember his service time. It was an old tradition dating back to before WW1. Known as "Reservists Flasks".

Cheers, Ade.
    Many thanks Ade. I've been posting things I've collected as a kid to get an idea on what they are. You and others in this forum have been very helpful in providing info on these items and is very much appreciated.

My pleasure.

I think that is a great item. It will be pre war, mid to late 1930's. Looks like the owner was in a Signals Regt going by the truck. Sometimes they are named or marked to the unit on the front. You can see on yours the space for the letting on the front side. I expect this was a more expensive optional extra to have this info added.

Cheers, Ade.