Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 German Canteen?

Article about: The question is how much is some one willing to pay. You can price any thing, but it the price that sell that counts. most i would pay for canteen like this is \\$40. Then again i am cheap . I

Default WW2 German Canteen?

Hello everybody, I bought this Canteen from an antique store for 25$. I was wondering if it was an Authentic WW2 German canteen, and if you guys could tell me something about it. its not in the best of conditions but still a cool addition to my collection.WW2 German Canteen?WW2 German Canteen?WW2 German Canteen?WW2 German Canteen?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Canteen?
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 German Canteen?

Good ww2 German canteen good price,Do you see any marking .

Chris

Like to see if it matching set. Nice deal for $25. I thought i had a deal for $70

How would I find out if its a matching set? Are there serial numbers, how or where do I need to look?

They will have same matching manufacture,.... for instance (exp) MN43 would be stamped on the bottle near the nassal (where you drink from), on the cover between the buttons (got open cover, some times not able to read. the cup and the canteen strap.

Be Careful with the canteen it a salty piece. If you don't have it already, recommend getting Deutsches Soldaten, tell you where markings are on ww2 German stuff. (there are few errors in the book tho)

The number in manufacture stampe, is the date it was made.

let us know if you find one, im intrested...

The canteen is Extremely stiff, im afraid that if I attempt to take apart the canteen, it will tear even more, however the maker mark on the canteen is "W.A.L 39" and on the cup "L&AL 38" so they do not match. I cannot make out any other markings on the canteen sorry, its very old and fragile

Understood, still great deal for $25, i would say don't mess with it anymore and keep it away from moths! they got a re pro one i had. since it so brittle be very careful with the strap. don't hook the strap to tight with the cup. better in one piece then pieces.

nice early war canteen.
    Thanks for sharing

Would you guys happen to know how much its worth? I never sell anything in my collection, its just nice to know!

Hello, IMO this is a standard Feldflasche. Issued to many branches of the Wehrmacht. Like Artillery, infantry etc etc
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast