Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German dress shoes

Article about: Hello, I am considering purchasing a pair of WW2 Era German dress shoes. I don't know a lot about the shoes and was hoping to get some opinions on if they are WW2 German. There is a size mar

Default WW2 German dress shoes

Hello, I am considering purchasing a pair of WW2 Era German dress shoes. I don't know a lot about the shoes and was hoping to get some opinions on if they are WW2 German. There is a size marking and name on the bottom of the shoes. I appreciate any help you all can give, thanks!

WW2  German dress shoesWW2  German dress shoesWW2  German dress shoesWW2  German dress shoes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2  German dress shoes
    P
    Many

Joosen sounds more Dutch to me than German. As for the shoes, they do not impress me as anything I can remember seeing in any wartime photos. Leather soles like these are reminiscent of formal dance shoes for ballrooms and the like. But, let's see what the other's opinions on them are before you trashcan the idea of purchasing them.

Another quick thought on the subject is the size marking of "7". German shoe sizes are double digit numbers. For example, a US size "7" would correspond to a German size "40".
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The style is correct. See the Heer Kliederklasse list of 1937 for a pic.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A German size 7??
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Where might I find the Heer Kliederklasse list of 1937, is it on this forum?

I have the list as a PDF file only.

All I can say is the style looks right.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!