Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 German marching boots

Article about: Just got these marching boots in. Looks like they are private purchase high shaft lined marschstiefel with very little use. Good thing they dont fit me or i would be tempted to take them for

Hello Steve,
    These boots look Ok at first sight but there are a few wrong features even for private purchased ones.
    I do not see the shark nose at the front.
    I do not like the fact that both foot and shaft are made with the leather turned on the same side, the leather part where the foot is should be turned inside out (that's the case for 100% of regulation boots and true for a lot of purchased ones).
    The heel does not have the correct angle at the rear.
    The sole is made of two parts only instead of three.
    The U-shaped irons on the heels are not german, but rather czech or czech inspired (which has been used by the germans during WWII), and it's the same for the neals, they're not german...they look like swiss nails...
    So far, i have never seen a pair of WWII german marching boots lined with cloth....with thin leather yes...grey cloth like this never....
    The markings mean nothing in terms of WWII german military size nomenclatura. It is numbers yes, but what do they mean ?....is 42 the size....53 the year...and the rest is a contract number ?
    If the year is 42, so 53 is the size......(Lol)...usually privately purchased boots bear a maker's mark, not this kind of "military numbers"....

I'm not saying they're bad....perhaps they're genuine privately purchased boots from WWII, i'm just pointing the differences with what i have seen before.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German marching boots
    P
    Many

I have added these pictures of the construction of the sole, which I believe is how all period marching boot should look. Correct me if i am wrong.

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German marching boots   WW2 German marching boots  

WW2 German marching boots  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2