Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWII German fire extinguisher (?)

Article about: Hey Guys - an item I've not seen before... Is this a fire extinguisher, maybe used in tanks or some kind of armored vehicle? It's made of red copper I belive. THX, Fabe

?

Default WWII German fire extinguisher (?)

Hey Guys - an item I've not seen before...

Is this a fire extinguisher, maybe used in tanks or some kind of armored vehicle?
    It's made of red copper I belive.

WWII German fire extinguisher (?)WWII German fire extinguisher (?)WWII German fire extinguisher (?)WWII German fire extinguisher (?)WWII German fire extinguisher (?)

THX,
    Fabe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German fire extinguisher (?)
    P
    Many

An Acetylene welding tank? How big is it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    An Acetylene welding tank? How big is it?
    48 cm tall - 10 cm wide

seller says there is a German text (word) on it: "for fire"

?

hello,
    i do a little photo from my model kit ( sdkfz 250/9 ) :
    you can see the fire extinguisher place.
    It was in green color.

hope it help you.

WWII German fire extinguisher (?)

Now find the head of this item would be great.

I don't think it was a fire extinguisher (if that's what it really is) used on AFV's by the Germans as these were almost exclusively made by TETRA and generally marked as such.

WWII German fire extinguisher (?)WWII German fire extinguisher (?)

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

An inriguing piece indeed. I'm afraid I have no idea what it is but I think the word on the side may be "feuergefährlich" literally "fire dangerous" which would translate as the caveat "Flammable".

I hope this might help

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    An inriguing piece indeed. I'm afraid I have no idea what it is but I think the word on the side may be "feuergefährlich" literally "fire dangerous" which would translate as the caveat "Flammable".

I hope this might help

Mark
    Perhaps it's meant to be used as nitrous oxide injection for a half track.....Imagine that!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Everyone has such educated input. I was just going to hazard a guess at a flamethrower tank, but seems like those were rounder and fatter. That said, any morning you get to look up photos of flame throwers is a good morning.

?

Thanks everyone for the replies - and what do you guys think about the markings: the "1943(?)" and the eagle? I never saw markings like that...

Quote by big ned View Post
    Perhaps it's meant to be used as nitrous oxide injection for a half track.....Imagine that!!

OMG I can just imagine Panzergrenadiers shouting "Pimp my ride"
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast