Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WWII German fire extinguisher (?)

Article about: Hey Guys - an item I've not seen before... Is this a fire extinguisher, maybe used in tanks or some kind of armored vehicle? It's made of red copper I belive. THX, Fabe

?

also, how much something like this worth? maybe I'll try to bid on it...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German fire extinguisher (?)
    P
    Many

It's an interesting item, but in all honesty, I would not think all that much value. It is a fairly narrow collecting market item, to say the least, and, apparently is missing some parts.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

it surely worth 60 EU? that's how much I could get it for...

Quote by big ned View Post
    Perhaps it's meant to be used as nitrous oxide injection for a half track.....Imagine that!!
    Some models of Bf 109 had nitrous oxide injection, but that bottle seems a little small for a big aircraft engine!...

Edit. just read that the bottle was under the pilots seat on some models, so it couldn't have been that huge either!...

Quote by Fabe View Post
    it surely worth 60 EU? that's how much I could get it for...
    For certain, I would not invest anything considerably more than I could get for it myself. Who can say just how bad that One collector out there who has been searching for ages for such a thing would pay for it? You could always get lucky!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I agree. I do have some really odd stuff in my collection - and even this could be a fantasy item (that 'eagle' marking looks funky, can't see it to clearly - looks like it has "WaA" text under it, but no numbers (?) - but what if it's not? the paint does look pretty good...
    so (if) I'll get it, it would be more like an educational piece - I'D make a bunch a photos for you guys

?

just a small update: I did end up getting this for 60 EU - and the text on it is not "feuergefährlich" - I'll take some photos when it arrives next week.
    I asked the seller where he got the tank - his story:

"I bought a Wolkswagen Passat in Germany back in 1998, when I drove the car back home to Hungary, after a week passed, I've noticed this tank being stuck under the passenger's side seat - apparently, the seller forgot that he left the tank there..."

Quote by Fabe View Post
    just a small update: I did end up getting this for 60 EU - and the text on it is not "feuergefährlich" - I'll take some photos when it arrives next week.
    I asked the seller where he got the tank - his story:

"I bought a Wolkswagen Passat in Germany back in 1998, when I drove the car back home to Hungary, after a week passed, I've noticed this tank being stuck under the passenger's side seat - apparently, the seller forgot that he left the tank there..."
    Perhaps it was his flask of tea for work???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Update:

The mystery tank arrived, took some quick shots...

The paint on the copper tank actually almost seems like a camo (Normandy?) - red primer under the mix of green and yellows.

The upper part with the funky markings - "1943" on one side, "eagle + Waa" the other side (a detailed eagle and no numbers after the Waa - should be WaA?)
    Also another marking: in a triangle: O (top row) KT1 (? second row)

I can't make out the side text, only the first part: Feuer (anyone can help?)

WWII German fire extinguisher (?)WWII German fire extinguisher (?)WWII German fire extinguisher (?)WWII German fire extinguisher (?)WWII German fire extinguisher (?)WWII German fire extinguisher (?)WWII German fire extinguisher (?)WWII German fire extinguisher (?)

I think William may be right. It really looks like a welding fuel tank. Possibly a field mechanic?

While this is for a US model setup, you can see the similarities:

WWII German fire extinguisher (?)

Finding pictures of WW2 German welding operations might be difficult though...and if the stamps are authentic is not something I could verify.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast