Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German Lantern ID

Article about: Hi folks. I have been offered this WWII D and R Railroad lantern with the WWII German markings for \\$175USD. Does this seem like a good price? I've seen others in the ballpark of \\$400 which I

Default WWII German Lantern ID

Hi folks. I have been offered this WWII D and R Railroad lantern with the WWII German markings for $175USD. Does this seem like a good price? I've seen others in the ballpark of $400 which I couldn't afford even if I wanted to. Just looking for a new piece to add to my collection, but also get a really good deal, if possible. Thanks for your advice, as always!

WWII German Lantern ID
    WWII German Lantern ID

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Lantern ID
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII German Lantern ID

I would say $175 is a little under retail price. It looks to be much better quality then the usual Luftwaffe/Army issued lanterns. Let's wait and see what others think.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to get some more opinions on the lantern. I just can't drop $175 without more. Thanks again!

I found a very salty example of this lantern on eBay. Check it out here is the link GERMAN WWII ARMY GUARD LAMP LIGHT | eBay

Any time that you can pick up these little railroad carbide lamps with the eagle and swastika marking for under $200 bucks, it's a good deal. I remember when you could buy these still packed in the cases for 10 bucks apiece, but those days have longgg been gone a good 40 years or more now. Most of these had a curled piece of asbestos shielding inside the dome, to prevent the carrier's hand from getting burned by the over-heated dome.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."