Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Issue Binoculars?

Article about: I just got these today at the local flea market for a good deal. can you guys give me any info as to its originality? Thanks. ~Dean

?

Default WWII Issue Binoculars?

I just got these today at the local flea market for a good deal. can you guys give me any info as to its originality? Thanks.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Issue Binoculars?   WWII Issue Binoculars?  

WWII Issue Binoculars?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Issue Binoculars?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WWII Issue Binoculars?

I also got these at the same place.College pennants from Harvard and Yale and look to be from the 1950's. I know they arent military,but I'll post them here to see what you guys think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Issue Binoculars?  

I just did a little research, and from what I can tell, Karl Hartmann made binoculars from from 1936 until he was taken prisoner by the British. When he was released in 1948, he was not allowed to manufacture binoculars, so he started making glasses. I think the company still exists.

I would say that these are wartime binoculars, but that would just be my educated guess.

?

Thanks Mo. Much appreciated. I practically stole these ! I asked how much and the guy said "$10.00" , then he said "$8.00"! , so I said ,"$9.00!" LOL! I feel I did good.
    ~Dean

Yea, I'm not really experienced with optics but that's what I found with my research. Either way $9 is a steal and I like them very much.

Not made to be military issue but it is possible/likely that they were used as such. $9 is a good price for any set of binoculars IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Bond, I love these and as you said,"not made as military issue" these are still war time era and made by a war time era maker. They are very similar to the other pair I have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Issue Binoculars?   WWII Issue Binoculars?  

WWII Issue Binoculars?   WWII Issue Binoculars?  

WWII Issue Binoculars?   WWII Issue Binoculars?