Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Y straps fake?

Article about: Morning Douglas have a look here at Toms site some real good information there ( MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Y Belt ) Regards Mark K

?

Default Re: Y straps fake?

Morning Douglas have a look here at Toms site some real good information there ( MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Y Belt )

Regards Mark K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Y straps fake?
    P
    Many

Thanks for that, very useful info.

?

You are welcome.

Regards Mark K

Hi guys

The Y straps shown here are in my opinions originals, but as stated by JPhilippe, the stitching was from 1943 and later.

The stamps are obviously fake stamps.... too bad, nice set of Y straps destroyed by fake stamps

Also , I have never encountered WaA stamps on Y straps to be honest....

Cheers
    Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

Hello Tom!
    We have thee same opinion on this WaA!
    Cheers,
    Michel

Thanks Tom, that's much better news than I expected. Its very odd to mark an original set with fake stamps like this though isnt it? If they were SS stamps I would not be surprised, but I wouldnt of thought they would add much to the value, even if believed genuine.

Its good news for me though, they are on display on a manequin (with a repro back strap which I added) and since they are substantially genuine they can stay there as far as I'm concerned, at least for the time being.

Of course, this would mean the straps were originally unmarked, is that common?

Hi Douglas

Sometimes late war straps were only marked on the leather tab under the O-ring.... but this is often almost unreadable....

I would suggest you take a carefull look at the leather tab

Cheers
    Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

Thanks for your continued help. Unfortunately, I have been over the tab with a magnifying glass in good light and it is unmarked. I thought I would upload some further pictures in case it contributes anything. As you can see, the clips are marked 'D & C.'
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Y straps fake?   Y straps fake?  

Y straps fake?   Y straps fake?  

Y straps fake?  

?

Morning gents here is a image for information purposes of the back of the tab from my late war Y-straps they are as well unmarked with the exception of markings (numerals) on the leather tab as previously mentioned by Tom

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Y straps fake?  

Hello,
    Adding fake markings to unmarked original items is not a new fashion. It started in 1945....

Mark : the numeral stamped in the leather disc is IMO, a production/lot number for the coupon of leather used to make the disc itself....Tom is refering to a RbNr, a letters code or a manufacturer's name (often with date of production) stamped on the disc.... generally on the other side of the disc...

Douglas : there is plenty of unmarked german items...breadbags, canteens, messkits, Y-straps etc....this does not make them fakes, just unmarked....that's why the collector should look at the item first, then markings if the item is genuine, then to the story if there is one...and never the other way around...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast