Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Y Straps - Real or Fake? - Opinion needed!

Article about: Hello Gentlemen I'm gonna need your help again. I have been offered this late war Y Straps which I really like to buy. The problem is I am not familiar at all in this field. The things that

Ves
    ?

Default Y Straps - Real or Fake? - Opinion needed!

Hello Gentlemen
    I'm gonna need your help again. I have been offered this late war Y Straps which I really like to buy. The problem is I am not familiar at all in this field. The things that makes me wonder is I know the late war hardware ( hooks ) is a bit different than those ones and also they are in superb condition. Hope they are original. I will appreciate any comments and opinions

Cheers!
    Ves
    Y Straps - Real or Fake? - Opinion needed!Y Straps - Real or Fake? - Opinion needed!Y Straps - Real or Fake? - Opinion needed!Y Straps - Real or Fake? - Opinion needed!Y Straps - Real or Fake? - Opinion needed!Y Straps - Real or Fake? - Opinion needed!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Y Straps - Real or Fake? - Opinion needed!
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Don't be in hurry to get those and say to the seller that you prefer to buy originals WWII german army Y-straps...
    There are several giveaways here : green paint on metal fittings, leather upside down (vs german leather), wrong D-rings, wrong buttonholes on the rear strap (and obviously fake markings)...
    With all these clues, perhaps can you determine what they are ?.....they're not reproductions/fakes....
    and the answer is.......
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Ves
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Don't be in hurry to get those and say to the seller that you prefer to buy originals WWII german army Y-straps...
    There are several giveaways here : green paint on metal fittings, leather upside down (vs german leather), wrong D-rings, wrong buttonholes on the rear strap (and obviously fake markings)...
    With all these clues, perhaps can you determine what they are ?.....they're not reproductions/fakes....
    and the answer is.......
    Thanks
    Hello JPhilip
    Thank you again for you valuable comment and advice. Regarding the authenticity of the Y Straps , I had that doubt about it. The first bell that rang,was the 1943 company name marking instead of the usual late war code. Also the fact they have been listed on EBay. And of course,the seller claimed several times they are 100% original .Unfortunately all of us know on EBay are mostly fakes.
    You saved me money again JPhilip and I really appreciate it . Glad to be in this Forum

Best regards!
    Ves

TWS
    ?

Did the seller describe them as "Elite"? LMAO. All the fakers on Ebay all seem to have the same vocabulary. "Elite! Elite! Elite!"
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Ves
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    Did the seller describe them as "Elite"? LMAO. All the fakers on Ebay all seem to have the same vocabulary. "Elite! Elite! Elite!"
    Haha yeah,I know what you mean The description was something similar . The sad part is EBay fakers always place some insurance in the description like ,,Elite”, SS , Wehrmacht inc. instead of 100% original or genuine

Cheers!
    Ves