Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

zeltbahn made with italian camo

Article about: This zeltbahn was found in northern Slovenia. Although the camo cloth is genuine italian from ww2, the cut is not for an italian zelt. My guess is that was field made by german soldiers, ope

?

Default Re: zeltbahn made with italian camo

Zeller: Your´s just look´s similar to these shown here. Obviously your´s has the missing flap, i cant say anything about the construction, from any of the pictures i have found so far..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement zeltbahn made with italian camo
    P
    Many

?

those are italian standard "teli tenda" of various eras. I've owned some of each type in the years. they were fairly common here in Italy. The cut of mine is different though. It is difficult to render that through pics.
    Regards

Matt

Quote by lammy View Post
    Zeller: Your´s just look´s similar to these shown here. Obviously your´s has the missing flap, i cant say anything about the construction, from any of the pictures i have found so far..
    Hello,
    Zeller's item is "field made", no question about it.
    Were all sew-in grommets, buttons or specific details of contruction removed as the neck flap ?
    I don't think so but i might be wrong as anybody...
    German Zeltbahnen made of italian camo material as not common that's right, but they're not rare either. I've seen many of them in my collecting life, far more than i've seen rotated buttonholes, orange/brown camo or carbon spotted Zeltbahnen...If you look for one "italian" zelt, you can wait six months to a year to find one...if you look for a carbon spotted Zelt, then you can wait for your lifetime...
    At the contrary of what it written everywhere, that's right that some WSS & Polizei units used fieldmade garments made of italian camo material and Italian shelter quarters, but the main use of italian camo material was made within the Wehrmacht Heer...WSS were just more photographed for obvious propaganda reasons...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Hi Matt.
    Still got that strange telo from Slovenia?.
    I collect these m29 variants. Got any more pictures?
    Rgds
    werner

?

I find it interesting.The hole for the head has hook and snaps but no collar.It seems wartime cloth but would need to see it unfolded or at least have its dimensions.I do think it is workshop made.I am looking for one of these.

Hello,
    Matt has not logged in since almost a year now...
    Wow this thread is 9 years old....
    Why not try via a PM
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Good evening.
    I know this is a old thread, but I have some questions about the wartime italian zeltbahn.
    Does it,
    Always have bakelite buttons ?
    Always have a U shaped neck piece ?
    Always have a brown color conjoining in the middle ?
    And what are the dimensions ?

Many thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2