Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Zeltbahn- signature

Article about: Hello to all. This is my first ever zelt. I have it about 3-4 months. Looks like its signed "Rose"? Also looks that one side is sun bleached. The colour is much stronger, but it wa

Default Zeltbahn- signature

Hello to all. This is my first ever zelt. I have it about 3-4 months. Looks like its signed "Rose"?
    Also looks that one side is sun bleached. The colour is much stronger, but it was pictured in a shadow of a house.

Zeltbahn- signatureZeltbahn- signatureZeltbahn- signatureZeltbahn- signatureZeltbahn- signatureZeltbahn- signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zeltbahn- signature
    P
    Many

Default Re: Zeltbahn- signature

Hello,
    Welcome to the world of Zeltbahnen if it's your first ever....
    What you have there is a standard Zeltbahn produced between 1941 and 1943 (still two eleyets at the base but made of zinc). The handwritting might indicate the name of a previous owner...wartime or postwar, impossible to know for sure.
    It is perfectly normal if both sides dont have the same colour, both sides are usually called "bright side" and "dark side"...
    Manufacturer's markings are always stamped on the bright side...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thats a nice original Zelt! I entered the world of Zelts this year and I love them

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I entered the world of Zeltbahnen in 1983 and still love them...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

You just gotta love that Splitter pattern

Some more info can be found on my website if you are interested

MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment -* Zeltbahn 31

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

I bought my first in 1978 from old Globe Militaria (their field gear was always good) It is a nice early one as stated I have both kinds I have a later war with bakelite buttons and a more reddish so called fall side. My early one is like yours with zink metal type buttons, If there is a ink stamp in them it is usually worn and hard to read. Good shelter quarter as MP44 says you got to love them I like them and I don't think they will stay reasonable for ever in price. timothy