Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1944 German Large Anti-Tank Rifle Grenades Box, found in my garden shed!

Article about: by LUCKYSTRIKE Wow, now that really is a great find, I love it. It is fully restorable which will definately improve the appearance, here's a link to another forum Before and after it shows

Default Re: 1944 German Large Anti-Tank Rifle Grenades Box, found in my garden shed!

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Wow, now that really is a great find, I love it.

It is fully restorable which will definately improve the appearance, here's a link to another forum
    Before and after
    it shows plenty of great restorations on German ammo boxes and other items and if you read through it also provides the tried and tested methods.
    If you can manage to restore it to the quality of these you'll have a great show piece. If you do attempt to please photograph the stages and post it on the Restoration section.
    Good Luck.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Thanks for that link, exactly what I was looking for! I will give it a look over and give it a try. I intend to be sympathetic with it and just do a bit of cleaning up to start with.

Default Re: 1944 German Large Anti-Tank Rifle Grenades Box, found in my garden shed!

Quote by Consonecollector View Post
    MY god, you found it in your house??? The oldest thing that I found here, was the panties of my grandmother (lol).
    Congrats..
    regards
    lol
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Nice find
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Inf Div 121 - Thanks so much for posting those pics! It's fantastic to see another example. I notice your box is painted quite dark and other examples of these boxes I have seen are painted in desert colour. Can anybody tell what paint would have originally been used on my box? Although its an impossibility I would love to get any indication as to where this was used. I can only presume the previous owner picked it up during the war and perhaps used it to bring items home.

If I do any work on this box I intend for it to secure its condition and clean it up only.

Ash

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2