Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

2011 Carboot finds Etc

Article about: This is not a sniper scope, it has no turrets for elevation or windage. It is a gun sighting scope as used in tanks or on artillery pieces. John

Default Re: 2011 Carboot finds Etc

Saturday 30th finds, not much today, but an interesting Japanese shell and case, 1945 booklet regarding the US use of Atomic Energy for military use and a little modern kit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc   2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Sunday May 1st, what I think is a home guard belt and a few interesting books, the purple one is called Descent into Danger by Scotty Young, whose aircraft crashed in Poland, this is his story of capture by the Russians and his life there until his final return to the UK (book is signed by Scotty), the left book is "The Marines Were There", the story of the Royal Marines during WW11.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Gary that japanese shell is the dogs dangly bits mate! see my thread i started about the carboot sales i had a Japanese type weekend this week!

We've had a Bank Holiday here today in the UK (Monday), one small carboot with a few finds, WD 1917 dated plane, air ministry calipers, lee enfield oil bottle and a card table (see second photo).
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc   2011 Carboot finds Etc  

No carboots last weekend due to rain, a few finds for today (Sat 14th), a wartime British MkIII Turtle Helmet (shell only), P80 ammo box, a few WW11 WD tools, a 1934 Aero Engine book and a 1942 dated modellers book for making British and German aircraft, also 3 buttons that will be suitable to replace those on the camoflage jerkin, shown a few pictures ago but with post war added buttons.
    Regards Gary
    PS This afternoon, I did a small display at our local fete, which as always creates a lot of interest amongst the visitors.

Sunday 15th May, finds are British press photos, 1943 dated WD vehicle extinguisher, WD 194? brush and an Air Ministry rectifier data plate.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc  

And one last thing this weekend, my wife asks "would you go up to the village hall and take the cardboard/rubbish left over yesterdays fete, up to the local tip", so not being one to turn down an opportunity, I set off with the task in hand . As you can see, lying in one of the skips was this 1943 Lee Enfield case, full of broken plastic fishing rods (my first thought was is there a rifle in it ?), with the rods despatched back to the bin, I am now the new owner of a rather dusty case. As they say "one good turn, deserves another".
    Regards Gary

Saturday May 20th, just one boot sale this weekend, 1944 small pack, 1942 entrenching tool, 1944 pliers, rather tired para smock and a couple of books(books and smock are not related). Smock has written inside "Campbell" (crossed out) and below "SGT Robinson 9 PLT".
    Regards Gary

Saturday 4th June, only find from the carboot this morning was this pair of 1936 Olympia books, both in good condition and complete with their stuck in gloss black and white photos, and a wooden board with military buttons on it from the tip this afternoon.
    Regards
    Gary

?

i like the books

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast