Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

2011 Carboot finds Etc

Article about: This is not a sniper scope, it has no turrets for elevation or windage. It is a gun sighting scope as used in tanks or on artillery pieces. John

Default Re: 2011 Carboot finds Etc

Quote by skypilot View Post
    Very nice finds -hard work and diligence clearly pays off!

Regarding the medals you picked up, there's a reasonable chance that this is the chap whose WW2 medals you have acquired: CWGC :: Casualty Details

My logic being that your WW1 chap was named George (subject to confirmation of service number but only one "G Goddard" listed for Welsh Regt, confirmed entitled to a pair) and the chap I mentioned above was named George and had a father named George. Not conclusive, but a reasonable chance. Either way, there's only 2 candidates on CWGC it could have been.
    Hi, thankyou for your reply, it does appear that this would be the man, it's finding things like this, that motivates me to get up at day break every Saturday and Sunday through the summer months.
    Regards
    Gary

Quote by big ned View Post
    .....More info on her short career and ultimate demise.

Malta Marine Foundation ~ SOUTHWOLD

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Ned, I never thought to goggle the ship, the souvenir item in question being dated 41/42, would cover the ships life, I guess it was either sent home as a gift or brought home by a sailor after the ship had met its demise. The diving footage shows that the ship is in reasonable good condition still.
    Thanks again.
    Regards Gary

Saturday 9th, only picked up an WW11 Air Ministry Avo Meter and a nicely badged Royal Marines shirt.
    Regards
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Sunday 10th July, picked up today a nice Salter weighing scale (centre of picture) these are sometimes seen being used to weigh kit being loaded into gliders, a small steel box to W/Cdr Feltwell (under the black paint it's marked Air Ministry-Perspex Polishing Kit), a US blanket, a nice camo scarf (second one I've found recently), a couple of 1950s parka hoods and lastly a tie.
    Regards
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Got to the local boot sale today, first time for 2x weeks (wet last weekend), finds were, 1945 dated tropical shirt, boxed telephone attchment headset, cased 1942 entrenching tool, and a couple of shoe brushes (one with serveral service numbers stamped into it) with a nice tin of WD dubbin.
    Regards
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc   2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Sunday 1st August, I have just got back from a weeks holiday in the Charente region of France, visited a Vide Grenier (car boot sale) and was lucky enough to find this lamp, seller claimed it was a French railway lamp, it is clearly marked on the back DRP 395351, FFA Schulze, Berlin, 1927, it also has an early Waffenampt stamp and 1/.N.5 stamped into the top and next to the Waffenampt mark, I didn't argue about with the seller about it's origin and just gave him the 10 euros he was asking.
    Does anyone know what the 1/.N.5 might mean ?
    Regards
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc   2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Sunday 8th August, arrived home from France and unloaded the car at 1 o'clock this morning, straight to bed and up at 6 o'clock and out to the local boot sale, finds were 1929 Air Ministry ruler, 3x WW11 aircraft Air Ministry gauges converted into a home made amp/volt meter, a Royal Marines issue wind proof smock (wired hood), 2x 1980's bergens, 1950/60s style RAF overalls, and a 1980s WRAC (Womens Royal Army Corp) badged beret,
    Regards Gary

Sunday 14th, an unusual find of an original 1944 British report for the Bosch starter motor for the German Tiger tank Pz.Kw.VI (this is such an obscure thing to find at a carboot sale, I only wish there had been more of the report for the other parts of the tank), a very nice Royal Berks badge, some British military maps, 2x cigarette card albums for the ARP in WW11, a small 1942 WD satchel and 3x WW11 naval belts (I think they were naval issue ?).
    Regards
    Gary

Saturday 20th August, this mornings finds were, 2x 40mm bofors cases, a 1942 Rations tin, and 4x interesting hardback books, out again tomorrow.
    Regards
    Gary

NCA
    ?

You have some great car boot finds thats for sure!If you ever feel like parting with those wire cutters in post#47 let me know..

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast