Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

2011 Carboot finds Etc

Article about: This is not a sniper scope, it has no turrets for elevation or windage. It is a gun sighting scope as used in tanks or on artillery pieces. John

Default Re: 2011 Carboot finds Etc

I can't see any reference codes on the dials or cases. Are there any you can see?

No carboots at the weekend, as we were away, did go though to a Steam Engine Rally, which had a selection of auto jumble/bric a brac stalls and found the following, a nice framed Home Guard certificate, 2x 8" blackout head light covers, a WD motorcycle issue oil can, 1944 wireless theory book and 3x plastic movie prop helmets, when I saw these on the ground from about 20x feet away, I managed to control the urge to run and so walked with a quickened pace to them, only to find they were plastic, they appear to have been used several times (several coats of paint/different decals), as the seller only wanted a £5 for the three, I bought them as a curiosity.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc   2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Not much to show this weekend, a Royal Berkshire cap badge, a small bronze medallian "Navy League Keep Watch" and a framed old map of "Battle of the Dogger Bank", it was sellers fathers and had been reframed in recent years.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc   2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Quote by garys39 View Post
    No .........
    ..... 3x plastic movie prop helmets, when I saw these on the ground from about 20x feet away, I managed to control the urge to run and so walked with a quickened pace to them,........
    Regards Gary
    I can imagine!
    Even on that first picture, it could fool anyone.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Only finds this weekend are a Iraqi gas mask and a 1919 commerative mug for the end of WW1, to the town of Abertillery.
    Regards
    Gary

Saturday 23rd, 3x badges was the total of my finds.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Sunday 25th, due to a family 50th Wedding Anniversary, on Saturday we drove 180 miles north to York for an evening party, we stayed over night and this morning I drove out early to a local carboot, much to the amusement of our hosts. Finds were a 1943 German Signal magazine, a small wartime cartoon book "Pilot Officers Prunes Progress", some naval buttons, and a shirt and a wind proof smock both badged to the house cavalry. How a Signal magazine turned up in a box of non military paperwork at a carboot, would probably make an interesting story, the sellers had no idea of its origin.
    Regards
    Gary

Saturday 1st October, out early to a tractor/farm jumble this morning, some interesting finds today, a very nice enamel Shelter sign, a Home Guard headlight (both of these items came from a Oxford council clear out some years ago), 1917 wire cutters, a large Air Ministry foot pump, 3x 25 pounder ammo boxes, 2x US cans (1x water/1xpetrol), 1943 light weight gas mask bag and 2x identity cards. Regards Gary

Up at silly o'clock this morning to another vintage jumble event, again some more great finds, a 1944 dated RAF battle dress, a Lee Enfield aiming rest (I've put my dummy Lee Enfieeld on it to show how it's used), a German WW11 box for what I think might be some sort of optical equipment, a Home Front R (rescue) Helmet, a trumpet with a nice early Welsh Regiment badge soldered to it, Webly holster, 1914 wire cutters and a couple of 30 cal ammo boxes. The RAF blouse has Flight Lieutenant stripes to the epaulettes and is named to McMillian, all in worth getting up early for !
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Close up of the blouse and the rest,

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast