Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

2012 Carboot finds Etc

Article about: Saturday 9th June & Sunday 10th, Saturdays find were, WD & Air ministry tools, US Barcalo spanners and a nice Goss china piece, in the shape of a "Trench Motar". Sunday day

Default 2012 Carboot finds Etc

Well a slow start so far this year, first find a nice pair of 6x30 Zeiss binoculars from a local charity shop and then from my local auction house a Japanese soldiers personal good luck flag, with also in the box of odds a silk RAF 1950's escape map for North Africa, I bid blind on this lot, as I could not get to auction, the photo on the web showed small china pottery pieces and just in the corner of the photo you could see the edge of the Japanese flag, phoned a cheeky bid through and got lucky.
    Another local auction produced a large German munitions box, which I bought for £10, which was cheap as normally local dealers buy these for more, strip them, polish them and sell them off for storage trunks (anyone know from the remains of the label, what it might have held ?).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc   2012 Carboot finds Etc  

2012 Carboot finds Etc   2012 Carboot finds Etc  

?

Default Re: 2012 Carboot finds Etc

Good haul
    Great flag and Dienstglas

good stuff ,like them.
    chris

31st March
    Up early today to a local farm/tractor jumble and picked up the following items, a couple of WD convoy lights (I think off of a trailor ?), a spanner for the Northover Projector, a mess tin, WD petrol can, a USAF fire extinguisher (1960's I think), two WD amp meters, and a thing in a box, which I've yet to work out what it is (see close up photo of box/contents detail).
    Out again early tomorrow, looking for more items.
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc   2012 Carboot finds Etc  

?

Nice finds! Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Nice haul.

Hi Gary, the convoy lights are most likely off a trailer as you say. But the blackout axle floodlight could equally be from a Jeep (British retro fit).

Nice haul.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thankyou for all your replies.
    Another vintage sort out today, with the normal mix of the unusual.
    Apart from the obvious items shown in the photos, the best were a 59 Pattern Denison Smock, what I think is a Matchless G3 rear wheel (nos), tool wrap (empty) for the 25 & 17 pdr, 1939 dated wooden WD ammo box, Air Ministry inspection lamp, some interesting photos and a 1939 printed (derogatory) joke book on Adolf Hitler, titled "The Jokes on Hitler, Underground Whispers from the land of the Concentation Camp", I presume this was printed prior to the start of WW11. This book along with the photos, were saved from a bonfire at a house clearance, unfortunately, I was told, serveral boxes of military books and items had already gone up in smoke, early that same day.
    Although not military, I also picked up a Webley Mk111 Supertarget .22 rifle, with Parker Hale sights, which I have since discovered is quite valuable, tried it when I got home and it shoots nicely.
    Till the next time
    Regards Gary

2012 Carboot finds Etc  

Up early to a vintage tractor/farm equipment jumble today, it was a wet start but that didn't put the sellers or buyers off.
    Well the most unusual item to turn up today, was a mock up of a Mk V Sten, it's certainly not an original one, but has been made to look like one, barrel appears to be a piece of galvanised water pipe, the metal work has been formed very well, and is welded together, there are no internals, woodwork is again formed well, seller said it had come out of his fathers barn and he had no idea of its origin.
    Other unusual items were 4x RAF portable oxygen bottles, a Jeep pintle hook, some Air Ministry aircraft lights and 2x 1916 dated mess type tins (1x has H&S and the other WB stamped in the lid), I'm not sure they are WD issue or what they might be, anyone any ideas ?
    Out again tomorrow.
    Regards Gary

2012 Carboot finds Etc  

Good stuff. The Sten V I did look at twice after first glance. Interesting what people can knock up.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast