Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

2012 Carboot finds Etc

Article about: Saturday 9th June & Sunday 10th, Saturdays find were, WD & Air ministry tools, US Barcalo spanners and a nice Goss china piece, in the shape of a "Trench Motar". Sunday day

Default Re: 2012 Carboot finds Etc

Hey Gary you have found some great items! I can't seem to find anything that good around the carboots i go to
    Thanks, Glen.

Saturday 14th, out to the local boot sale this morning, picked up a nice collection of photos, showing a chap from what looks like his enlistment in the home guard (in Leicester) through to late 1945 when he was in the Royal Engineers, a ladies identity card, dated 1943 and listing her employment as C.D. Casualty Services (in a nice leather "My Identity Card" case, A Royal Welch Fusiliers badge, 2x sailors collars and a gas mask bag containing 1950/60's wound dressings.
    Out again tomorrow.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc  

You're Sten might have been a building progress of resistance people. The Stens where commonly build by resistance people cause it was fairly easy to make.

Sunday 15th, just one boot sale today, frosty start but the sun soon warmed everything up, finds were WW11 GSTP WD watch (working), some dug up badges, civilian g/mask, a balence/scales made by the Savage Arms Company, 1940 dated RAF ? pouch, ammo box and a 1945 dated light weight g/mask bag.
    The badges were found by a metal detectorist in the Oxford area, he had a box of his finds, that he was selling at the carboot.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc   2012 Carboot finds Etc  

Saturday 21st April,picked up a silver WW1 Services Rendered badge, a couple of ammo boxes and a civilian cloth g/mask bag. Also picked up a bag of badges, from a chap I had bought a couple of things off a few weeks previously, he wasn't selling at the boot sale, but he saw me walking around and said "you bought some books off me, do you want some badges also", so as you can see see from the second photo, this is what he had, some re-strikes, stay brights, some original, a nice Luftwaffe eagle and an unusual Turkish badge, which is on the remains of a fez (the fez has just been cut up for the badge only), top left of photo.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc   2012 Carboot finds Etc  

2012 Carboot finds Etc  

Sunday 22nd, todays finds, 2x Air Ministry inspection lamps and a pair of 1915 wire cutters, and thats all for this weekend.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc  

WOW some great finds, i just wish carboots here were that good
    Thanks, Glen.

Hi Glen, the secret is "be there early", there are many people at boot sales, who just buy up anything old looking, regardless if they know what is, and then put it on ebay or sell by some other means, so by 9 o'clock in the morning most boot sales have been picked clean of most of the interesting collectables.
    Regards
    Gary

Yep I know Gary i am one of those people who get there early but i still cannot find anything worth while, i would be lucky to find something to sell on ebay (which i do). But i suppose it will help when i get a car so i can travel further afield so to speak
    Thanks, Glen.

?

Gary you've had much better luck than me at car boots I never found anything of much interest, so I stopped going. LOL

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast