MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

2012 Carboot finds Etc

Article about: Saturday 9th June & Sunday 10th, Saturdays find were, WD & Air ministry tools, US Barcalo spanners and a nice Goss china piece, in the shape of a "Trench Motar". Sunday day

Default Re: 2012 Carboot finds Etc

Quote by garys39 View Post
    Sunday 8th, 2x boots visited, weather damp but plenty of people turned up to sell, another mixed bag of items, ..... 43 dated small pack....
    2012 Carboot finds Etc

Whatever it is, I guarantee that's not a 1937 'small pack'. I think it might be more interesting than that. Could I see a better picture of it?

Rob

Saturday 21st April,picked up a silver WW1 Services Rendered badge, a couple of ammo boxes and a civilian cloth g/mask bag. Also picked up a bag of badges, from a chap I had bought a couple of things off a few weeks previously, he wasn't selling at the boot sale, but he saw me walking around and said "you bought some books off me, do you want some badges also", so as you can see see from the second photo, this is what he had, some re-strikes, stay brights, some original, a nice Luftwaffe eagle and an unusual Turkish badge, which is on the remains of a fez (the fez has just been cut up for the badge only), top left of photo.
    Regards Gary
    Hello Gary,

What the number on the back of the Silver War Badge

Cheers Adam

Quote by Adam Harland View Post
    Hello Gary,

What the number on the back of the Silver War Badge

Cheers Adam
    Hi Adam
    the number is 205830.
    Best Regards
    Gary

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    2012 Carboot finds Etc

Whatever it is, I guarantee that's not a 1937 'small pack'. I think it might be more interesting than that. Could I see a better picture of it?

Rob
    Hi Rob
    I'll dig it out at the weekend and do a couple of photos of it.
    Regards Gary

NCA
    ?

2012 Carboot finds Etc

Rob
    Hmm.small packs have smaller closed buckles and the side tabs are different...There are a variety of packs that look like yours.
    Nice finds as usual.My local carboots have yet to get going(ie, ive yet to find any militaria!)

2012 Carboot finds Etc

Rob
    Hi Rob, here are a few more photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc   2012 Carboot finds Etc  

2012 Carboot finds Etc   2012 Carboot finds Etc  

Hi Rob, here are a few more photos.
    Hi Rob, now I've looked closer, I can see what you mean, it's a 1914 Pattern Haversack, 3rd issue, see link,

Pattern 1914 Haversacks

Well spotted !
    Regards Gary

It's ok, I don't need a link It was singing "1914 pattern" at me in the original photo... I just wanted to be sure

It's definitely a 1914 Haversack with it's rear tabs and bottom buckles removed (third type as you say). It looks like it still has it's original 1914 Pattern side buckles though, which is very rare (these are tongued buckles right?). A huge number of these packs were converted (even during WW1) to 1908 Pattern by replacing the side and bottom buckles (these are often called 1908/14 Hybrid or Convertible or some such thing... but they're not).

That's a really nice find! If you added it to a 1914 Pattern set in 'marching order' it would look fantastic

Rob

Saturday 21st April,picked up a silver WW1 Services Rendered badge, a couple of ammo boxes and a civilian cloth g/mask bag. Also picked up a bag of badges, from a chap I had bought a couple of things off a few weeks previously, he wasn't selling at the boot sale, but he saw me walking around and said "you bought some books off me, do you want some badges also", so as you can see see from the second photo, this is what he had, some re-strikes, stay brights, some original, a nice Luftwaffe eagle and an unusual Turkish badge, which is on the remains of a fez (the fez has just been cut up for the badge only), top left of photo.
    Regards Gary
    hi Gary nice finds, if you post up the number on the back of the silver war badge I can check Ancestry to see who the recipient was.(If you have not done so already)

Quote by renmore View Post
    hi Gary nice finds, if you post up the number on the back of the silver war badge I can check Ancestry to see who the recipient was.(If you have not done so already)
    Hi, the badge number is 205830.
    Thanks gary

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast