Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

2012 Carboot finds Etc

Article about: Saturday 9th June & Sunday 10th, Saturdays find were, WD & Air ministry tools, US Barcalo spanners and a nice Goss china piece, in the shape of a "Trench Motar". Sunday day

Default Re: 2012 Carboot finds Etc

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    It's ok, I don't need a link It was singing "1914 pattern" at me in the original photo... I just wanted to be sure

It's definitely a 1914 Haversack with it's rear tabs and bottom buckles removed (third type as you say). It looks like it still has it's original 1914 Pattern side buckles though, which is very rare (these are tongued buckles right?). A huge number of these packs were converted (even during WW1) to 1908 Pattern by replacing the side and bottom buckles (these are often called 1908/14 Hybrid or Convertible or some such thing... but they're not).

That's a really nice find! If you added it to a 1914 Pattern set in 'marching order' it would look fantastic

Rob
    Hi Rob, yes they are tounged type, I missied this originally, due to the way the shoulder strap was hiding them.
    Regards Gary

Quote by garys39 View Post
    Hi Rob, yes they are tounged type, I missied this originally, due to the way the shoulder strap was hiding them.
    Regards Gary
    That clinches it then! Really nice little bag, super find

Rob

Here you go Gary.Henry Cecil Mold,He was Royal Field Artillery(T.F.) did not serve overseas.The SWB was his only entitlement for his service in the war.I will have a look on the census for him later.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc  

Quote by renmore View Post
    Here you go Gary.Henry Cecil Mold,He was Royal Field Artillery(T.F.) did not serve overseas.The SWB was his only entitlement for his service in the war.I will have a look on the census for him later.
    Looks more like Percy Cecil Mold to me.

In any case, 343 Brigade, RFA (TF) was the renamed 2/4th Welsh Brigade RFA (TF). This was part of the 68th (2nd Welsh) Division, a home service, 2nd Line Territorial, division formed as a duplicate of the pre-war Welsh Division (renamed 53rd Division).

Rob

Yes its Cecil,no wonder I could'nt find Henry;From the 1901 census
    Name: Percy Cicil Mold Age: 13 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888 Relation: Son Father's Name: Thomas William Mold Mother's Name: Mary Elizth Mold Gender: Male Where born: Neithrop, Oxfordshire, England Civil parish: Neithrop Ecclesiastical parish: Banbury St Mary and Neithrop St Paul County/Island: Oxfordshire Country: England

Quote by renmore View Post
    Yes its Cecil,no wonder I could'nt find Henry;From the 1901 census
    Name: Percy Cicil Mold Age: 13 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888 Relation: Son Father's Name: Thomas William Mold Mother's Name: Mary Elizth Mold Gender: Male Where born: Neithrop, Oxfordshire, England Civil parish: Neithrop Ecclesiastical parish: Banbury St Mary and Neithrop St Paul County/Island: Oxfordshire Country: England
    Thankyou Gentlemen, thats great detective work, the badge hasn't travelled far in its life time, as I found locally last week at the boot sale and that is about 12 miles from Neithrop/Banbury !
    Thanks again
    Gary

Saturday 5th May, a few finds today, P60 ammo box, a couple of WD shoe brushes, an interesting book on the secret under ground tunnels in London and what I thought was a ammo pouch but is actually a lines man pouch, dated 1944, and based on the pattern 14 ammo pouches from WW1.
    See the Kharkee link below.

Tool Carriers

Out again tomorrow,
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc   2012 Carboot finds Etc  

Sunday 6th May, a few items of interest, a steel helmet, a USAF fire fighters helmet, a couple of aeronautical books on airframes, a RAF commerative plate and three prints of WW1 aircraft, with one having attached to the rear a piece of aircraft fabric, with an attached note (see photo).
    Monday went to a local carshow/autojumble, nothing military, but rain put an end to it early unfortunately.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc   2012 Carboot finds Etc  

Sunday 13th May, no finds yesterday, today turned up a SRD jug, a Operation Granby t-shirt, tankers mike and head phones and an interesting 1920's map of Cawnpore, India. Does anybody know what the letters in the last photo might stand for ? and the "Gloves On" & "Gloves Off" in the key (second photo ?).
    Regards Gary

2012 Carboot finds Etc   2012 Carboot finds Etc  

Nothing found today, but yesterday (19th May) a few finds, a book of petrol coupons, an Air Ministry G clamp and a photo, which appears to be just post war, by the medal ribbons being worn.
    Also, though not military, I picked up a very nice 1800/1810 wine decanter, 200 hundred years old and it ends up at a carboot !
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc  

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast