Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

633 squadron

Article about: Was at a local shop and found this little treat. I have to say I have never seen this movie . anybody seen it . I really like the photo where the SS man is given him a really bad Indian burn

?

Default 633 squadron

Was at a local shop and found this little treat. I have to say I have never seen this movie . anybody seen it . I really like the photo where the SS man is given him a really bad Indian burn . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 633 squadron   633 squadron  

633 squadron   633 squadron  

633 squadron  

?

I love that film!!!! I have an original poster framed from it, they distroyed 3 original Mossies making that film and a Camera Team was killed when they were in the bomb bay of a B-25, they were changing the canisters of film in the camera, when the bomb bay was opened ( they were using it for aerial shots

If that needs a good home......

Dean O
    Canada

?

***** to be that camera crew. If I decide to move the photos on Dean your #1 on the list . Gary

?

Thank you, they no longer issue "press kits" like this, I think they stopped in the late 70s and as I remember this film came out in 1964

Interesting that Cliff Robertson owned a restored Spitfire in the 70s

Dean O
    Canada

Quote by CampX View Post
    I love that film!!!!
    Dean O
    Canada
    I agree --- great film.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

How have I missed this film . I'm going to have to find a copy

?

One of the mossies distroyed was in the sceen where there is an attack on their airfield, a damaged Mossie with 2 dead aircrew crashes into a fuel Bowser.
    Now the sceen looks fake as the film was speeded up, however if you look closely you will see a metal brace holding the rear wheel to keep it straight.

Again, due to them speeding up the film in that sceen it "looks funny"
    The 2nd Mossie distroyed is the one on a sceen where the under carrage collapses, and the 3rd was the one starting to burn after crashing in the final sceen.

When the film was being made many people were upset about these A/Cs being distroyed, the ones that were distroyed could only taxi, while there were 3 ( I think) that could still fly.

I have included photos of 3 Original Posters I have framed of my 3 Fav Movies while I was growing up

Dean O
    Canada

633 squadron633 squadron633 squadron

?

Dean great posters

Our old Mossie featured in the film

Cant remember the full story but 20-30 were left at the factory and the factory boss decreed they were all destroyed. Some enthusiasts hid one in a hanger and it survived and the rest is history so to speak
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 633 squadron   633 squadron  

633 squadron  

Please take a look

A freind of mine

Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/pg/percycha...=page_internal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast