Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

American pickers

Article about: I watch this programme & can't believe these guys.....they are on the road looking for stuff they can make a buck on , so they go into someones barn that is chocca block with loads of go

?

Default American pickers

Just watched an episode of American pickers, they were in Tennesse , inside some guys old barn, where they bought some very old BSA BB guns, but right in the foreground in plain sight was a very nice black M16 helmet with what looked like the remnants of an SS decal, I would love to have a rummage around some of those places, ive seen lots of militaria on these shows and they just by-pass most of it, except from one where they picked up a nice NCO s Japanese samurai sword from Iwo Jima, taken by the vet who sold it to them, they got that for $60

Default Re: American pickers

Yeah, Pickers is great, I thouroughly enjoy it. Also take a look at Pawn Stars, they have items of militaria on there almost every episode ranging from WW2 USAF uniforms to Gatling guns and Hotchkiss cannons!

Pawn stars just rips off people....

Fantastic Show! I don't like the characters much but we watch it all the time, I'll have too keep mt eyes peeled for the M16 Dave

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    Pawn stars just rips off people....
    The way I see it is that people don't have to come in there and sell things to them, so if they give up an item for an agreed upon price then it is their problem.

Dave, I haven't seen that episode, but I did see the episode where they bought a Japanese type 90 helmet and thought it was American because it has a star on the front. lol

4md
    ?

did you see the episode with the guy who had a massive shed full of american military gear, wow! he had a missile out the front
    the pickers were not really interested in the military gear but they did buy a german pilots cap...........would love to get in that shed i saw lots of helmets

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    The way I see it is that people don't have to come in there and sell things to them, so if they give up an item for an agreed upon price then it is their problem.

Dave, I haven't seen that episode, but I did see the episode where they bought a Japanese type 90 helmet and thought it was American because it has a star on the front. lol
    I know... some people just want the cash or dont care

?

Forgot to mention but in the same episode the guy had a Bmw motor cycle combination with mg34 mounted, he incorrectly said it was a 50cal mg, but he wanted $9000, it was in full running order, and both guys walked away from it, they might know something about all the odd bits they get but nothing about something that they would have doubled their money on in one phone call

When the pickers bought the sword they left a Japanese helmet and m1 garand with bayonet. They were so stupid, just like obkrieger said "they thought the Japanese helmet was American because of the star on it.". They also left behind a whole military warehouse and all they got was a German pilot hat. RETARDS!

Hey, if they leave all the good stuff for all of us collectors, why trash the pickers? WE SHOULD BE THANKING THEM! Only if they put their leads online...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast