Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any idea what this is and whats it worth?:confused:

Article about: I found this but i have no idea what it is and how much its worth, can anybody help? Thanks

3mk
    ?

Default Any idea what this is and whats it worth?:confused:

I found this but i have no idea what it is and how much its worth, can anybody help?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any idea what this is and whats it worth?:confused:  

iron cross
    ?

Default Re: Any idea what this is and whats it worth?:confused:

can we get a picture of the back please

I have never seen this badge before either?

It reminds me of a WW1 Naval Wound badge in very general design.

It looks like it lacks something, maybe a number, from the box at the bottom of the wreath? Could it be some kind of shooting award? Or could it be just a fantasy design. To be honest, I would lean towards to latter prospect.

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

Yeah it reminded me of something world war 1.My Aunt showed me it because it because it looked intresting (We were at a show) so i bought it it cost me 3 zloty which is about $1.I also thought that there should be a serial number or something in that box.Ill try cleaning the box and see if theres a number or something.
    Heres a pic of the back

Regards Emil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any idea what this is and whats it worth?:confused:  

3mk
    ?

Oops wrong pic Here

iron cross
    ?

It looks like a piece that was used on a display piece. Maby it was glued on a ww1 photo album or some thing if that nature.

3mk
    ?

Thanks

My guess is that it's a naval / marine marksmanship badge that was probably glued to a trophy or plaque of some description.

The 'crossed rifles' metaphor is traditionally employed by armies to indicate superior shooting skills (I'm in the Australian Army). Checkout the Japanese, Australian (cloth) and Bulgarian examples attached.

Cheers,
    Jimbo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any idea what this is and whats it worth?:confused:   Any idea what this is and whats it worth?:confused:  

Any idea what this is and whats it worth?:confused:  

3mk
    ?

Thanks Jimbo i was expecting it to be Polish German or Russian because i found it in Poland

yakswak
    ?

Perhaps an amphibious assault badge? Or a "Master at Arms" insignia? The box is probably for a date or # of events/actions the holder was involved in. It could also pertain to Coastal Defense. Hope this gives ideas. Yak.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast