Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Arisaka from a cave

Article about: My friend asked me the other day if I liked guns said his dad was getting rid of his grandfathers gun he brought back from the war. So I went and had a look . My friends dad told me his fath

?

Here ya Go Gary. This will tell you everything about the series and the bayo marking you will need.

Markings on Japanese Arisaka Rifles and Bayonets of World War II

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Phil thanks for the info I'm not a big Japanese collector but this rifle just talked to me. I'm going to have to look that info over a little more. The vet that brought it back was shot in the leg by his friend and was sent home ( his friend probably saved his life). Gary

?

Phil I also have a line on some screws already

Amazing rifle with lots of character. The intact mum and burn marks really torture the imagination. "If only it could talk," as we all say.

?

OB I hear what your saying. other then the missing screws and the burn marks the rifle is in great shape. Gary

Honestly I wouldn't even add screws. I'd just leave it exactly the way you got it. But that's just me.

?

Ob the screws will be free so I can always take them out if and when I get them

Very nice... Burn marks possible Flamethrower... Which Island was it picked up on....???? BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Bill I don't know my buddies dad is going to write as much info as he can and give it to me , so we will see.

Ever find out???? So cool!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast