Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Army dump finds

Article about: Hi there, folks! Here are some trinkets from the military shop and privately owned army dump (near Novi Sad, Serbia) I visited several weeks ago. There are literally tons of cheap army stuff

Default Army dump finds

Hi there, folks!

Here are some trinkets from the military shop and privately owned army dump (near Novi Sad, Serbia) I visited several weeks ago. There are literally tons of cheap army stuff there (mostly Yugoslav Peoples Army garbage, YPA, or JNA in serbian). I found these Yugoslav Universal Helmets (JUŠ) M59/85 on a large pile several metres high. It was quite a difficult climb, but I managed to find two ones in a good condition Camouflage covers and nets I got for free. Near the helmet hill was a nice “sculpture” made of old m57 rocket launchers (Yugoslav variant of Russian RPG-2). Other stuff include: one practice antitank rifle grenade (in serbian BTKM M68) made of plastic and aluminium (used with M48 Mauser rifle, SKS and AK-47), ammo pouch for M48 rifle, two entrenching tools - old US AMES 1944 (with cyrillic initials M.П) and a brand new one, tri-fold type, still in use by the serbian army. There is also a pickaxe stamped with year 1953 (I can’t figure out the makers’ mark) and another practice round, 30mm caliber, obviously from the m53/59 Praga SPAAG. It’s unfired, and full of gunpowder. The projectile has a broken tip, it’s made of some sort of white plastic with rusted iron parts inside. Any help about this type of ammo is appreciated.

Cheers!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army dump finds   Army dump finds  

Army dump finds   Army dump finds  

Army dump finds  

?

Default Re: Army dump finds

Great pictures still probably tons of those helmet laying around

Default Re: Army dump finds

nice - wouldn't mind picking one helmet up :-)

Default can you give me that exact address. I'd like to go there as I am near Novi sad

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Great pictures still probably tons of those helmet laying around
    please read title

Quote by Dingodog View Post
    Hi there, folks!

Here are some trinkets from the military shop and privately owned army dump (near Novi Sad, Serbia) I visited several weeks ago. There are literally tons of cheap army stuff there (mostly Yugoslav Peoples Army garbage, YPA, or JNA in serbian). I found these Yugoslav Universal Helmets (JUŠ) M59/85 on a large pile several metres high. It was quite a difficult climb, but I managed to find two ones in a good condition Camouflage covers and nets I got for free. Near the helmet hill was a nice “sculpture” made of old m57 rocket launchers (Yugoslav variant of Russian RPG-2). Other stuff include: one practice antitank rifle grenade (in serbian BTKM M68) made of plastic and aluminium (used with M48 Mauser rifle, SKS and AK-47), ammo pouch for M48 rifle, two entrenching tools - old US AMES 1944 (with cyrillic initials M.П) and a brand new one, tri-fold type, still in use by the serbian army. There is also a pickaxe stamped with year 1953 (I can’t figure out the makers’ mark) and another practice round, 30mm caliber, obviously from the m53/59 Praga SPAAG. It’s unfired, and full of gunpowder. The projectile has a broken tip, it’s made of some sort of white plastic with rusted iron parts inside. Any help about this type of ammo is appreciated.

Cheers!
    can you tell me the address because I am nearby Novi sad

MAP
    ?

Quote by midkey7655 View Post
    can you tell me the address because I am nearby Novi sad
    The last time Dingodog logged on was 2017. Maybe if you send him a PM he will get the notification and respond.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    The last time Dingodog logged on was 2017. Maybe if you send him a PM he will get the notification and respond.
    How do I send him a pm. I am new here. thanks

?

If you click on his name, that will take you to his profile.
    You should find a PM link in there.

Quote by Kohima View Post
    thx

Quote by Kohima View Post
    the contact link just brings me back to his profile. what should I do. I am also on mobile