Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Barn find Austin K2/Y Ambulance 1944

Article about: Hi Radek, Thanks, great photos, you did well to rescue that one, and in one piece as well! Great work. Cheers, Steve

?

Default Barn find Austin K2/Y Ambulance 1944

Hi,
    on another forum was information about barn finde Austin K2/Y Ambulance at 14.2.
    "I have had word of an Austin K2 ambulance, found in a dry shed, its home since sometime in the 1950's apparantly. Sadly it could son be cut up, unless someone steps in to save it.............but there is a catch, well several. The premises where it is, has been built up and filled with stock over the years and the vehicle would have to be dismantled to remove it. No mean task. The other thing is that it is located in the Paris area. My French contact is willing to help, he is a MV collector with a great interest in British vehicles and anyone interested should PM me and I will pass his email address on to them."

From this time I was in contact with the man and prepared all for save this old Lady.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Barn find Austin K2/Y Ambulance 1944   Barn find Austin K2/Y Ambulance 1944  

Barn find Austin K2/Y Ambulance 1944   Barn find Austin K2/Y Ambulance 1944  

?

Default Re: Barn find Austin K2/Y Ambulance 1944

I was there at 31.3. and made examination of the barn and garden (escape way).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Barn find Austin K2/Y Ambulance 1944   Barn find Austin K2/Y Ambulance 1944  

?

Austin K2/Y Ambulance

?

and the pictures.

Rick
    ?

I wont have a bad word said of them, they sorted me out the other week,

?

Radek , that is a marvellous looking vehicle , i hope it will be saved and brought back to it`s former glory .

cheers Al

This is a great find. I don't envy you getting it out though! But it has got to be worth saving. A friend of mine used to have one of these vehicles and they are good sturdy trucks.

Cheers, Ade.

It is the same type Phil But the one for the film was converted to 4x4 drive. The sides are only canvas.

Cheers, Ade.

?

She is still at home.

have any pictures from the mad ascape :-)

?

great to see her out in the fresh air , Radek . Did you hire a crane and did she start up first time ?!!

Al

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast