Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Barn finds 1988

Article about: Ihope these pictures of the vehicles that I bought in 1990 from a barn in the U.K. all were used in film hire work and it took me about a year to finalise the deal, and I bought the lot. fir

Default Barn finds 1988

Ihope these pictures of the vehicles that I bought in 1990 from a barn in the U.K. all were used in film hire work and it took me about a year to finalise the deal, and I bought the lot. first up a Kettenkrad and BMW R75,next White Armoured car and Kuble, next Demag 1 Ton Halftrack, next BMW R75 andSAS Landrover, next Kuble andBMW R75, next Kuble and Schwimmwagen plus Canadian C8 Amb.Enjoy, John.
    More to follow
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Barn finds 1988   Barn finds 1988  

Barn finds 1988   Barn finds 1988  

Default Re: Barn finds 1988

Nice find!
    I did tried a Kübel once but I do not fit in it, so I ' ll stik with my VW 181 that seat is movable!!!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi,
    Wow what a collection where on earth do you keep that lot,
    I would love to see them.
    dave

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Wow what a collection where on earth do you keep that lot,
    ....on the mantel piece , next to his pickelhaube....

...sorry, couldn't resist!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

some more,Humber Box andMk.1 Humber pig.next German anti-tank gun and Nebelworfer? spelling. and 37mm Bofors anti-tank gun. next British 6 lb. anti tank gun.The only gun the owner would sell me was the Bofors. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Barn finds 1988   Barn finds 1988  

Last edited by Blackpowder44; 10-27-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Humber box missing

nice effort mate, have you considered offering them to a museum for safe keeping?

There's a similar place in aus where a bloke has acquired a large amount of running ww2 vehicles.

?

Nice catch, looks like costs not a cheap too, but anyway I would like to see better quality pictures if you have the chance to get them. Did you restore them or you are just keep them as is?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I would love to see more too! Fantastic collection!

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Nice catch, looks like costs not a cheap too, but anyway I would like to see better quality pictures if you have the chance to get them. Did you restore them or you are just keep them as is?
    Yea, $$$! My jaw dropped when I read you bought them. Lucky you I'd like to see some photo's of the restored items also. Or however they are now. A really great looking investment!

To answer a few questions, To get some of the cost price back I contacted people who could afford some of the vehicles and before I bought I had some buyers lined up. My self and two friends spent a week getting most of them to run aftre handing over on hell of a lot of cash. The Demag 1 ton and the White armoured car were sold off straight away. The first Schwimmer you will see below with the dropped running board and a kuble wagen were sold within a few weeks to a well known collector from the north, as well as the other kuble to a collector from the midlands. The second schwimmer turned out to be very rare version. Made in 1946 by the British army while they were running the VW factory. Only six were made and it is thought that my one was the only survivor. I sold it unrestored 2 years ago.John.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast