Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

This Barn is FULL!!!!

Article about: quite a nice find, indeed. In the 60's I was traveling a lot of Pennsylvania back roads, for no good reason. I came upon a flea market type place that had outbuildings which were formerly ch

?

Default Re: This Barn is FULL!!!!

quite a nice find, indeed. In the 60's I was traveling a lot of Pennsylvania back roads, for no good reason.
    I came upon a flea market type place that had outbuildings which were formerly chickencoops.,....somehow
    or another I was allowed into one,. It was full of lots of brown uniforms which were said to be WW2 soviet.
    I could not prove it or disprove it.Yet there were rows and rows and rows of them hanging. This posting
    reminds me of that. I was near as stupid then as now and did not care for any. I thought it foolish for anyone
    to save such worthless junk. I had no idea of clothing other than , would it fit me and keep me warm......

?

Well I haven't been around for sometime as I have been very busy ..I work in the Film industry and when I am on a project I never have time to do anything other than work.
    The barn is now gone, but I did buy a pile of stuff!! gotta start sorting it out in my basement!!!

Thank you for all of your comments.
    Dean

?

Amazing stuff. I'm sure unused aircraft spares could help keep the Lancasters flying. Would love to see a picture of your spitfire column. PM sent!

welcome DEAN. you said it you are very lucky, thats great you found so many aircraft parts especially if it could get just 1 more LANC, or spitfire in the wind again. wow I just dream about something like this happening to me. thanks for shareing this & the old BRITISH trenches sound like a great find also.
    regards Marty

Quote by CampX View Post
    Hello and Thank you AKbear....however a lot of people refer to me as a luckiy guy for finding this site...as they do when I talk about a 1750s British Army site in Ontario that still has visible trenches..and I have dug a pile of stuff out of there...well if people consider that I research for many years ,find nothing most of the time..but do find a good spot once in awhile, lucky..
    I am not knocking you or your reply..thats great

Over 20 years of research for the French Indian War site...thats the British site I mentioned...there are barns all over the world..if you don't take the time to look and talk to people..you will never find them,,you are in the US..your Veterans could bring back much more than ours here in Canada...and your Country sold far more surplus.....talk to people..and drive along back roads..always ask farmers if they have anything...works for me!!!

Have a Great Day..and again NO insult intended......luck is where you find it..and it may be next door to you!!!!

Dean
    He's right, I meet people who have found rare items on the back road. This guy I meet few months ago bought a Ketterad from a farmer, and it was in pretty good condition.

Another guy found WWII German motorcycle in a forgotten building.
    All live in US

Lucky guys, and you (Camp)

Franz

Hi Dean

That's a true Alladin's Cave - have fun - and while you are at it, won't you please keep your eyes pealed for Vickers Belt Loading Machine for me - there is a dire shortage of them world-wide.

Cheers

Holy awesome. Good stuff. Any more pics?

Pm sent

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3