Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Best place to find ww2 items!?

Article about: I would suggest doing a little research. For example, in my town was a training facility for an artillery unit. They are still here, only they have switched to heavy mortars. So, around in m

Default Re: Best place to find ww2 items!?

I would suggest doing a little research. For example, in my town was a training facility for an artillery unit. They are still here, only they have switched to heavy mortars. So, around in my town, when there are yard sales, estate sales, sometimes artillery regalia turns up. I look at the net on auction house sites, like this:

Ontario's Auction Paper - Antique Auctions,Collectables,Estate Sales,Auctioneers,Collector Shows

Say I was collecting a particular unit, like a Toronto unit, I would scan the net for auction houses in that area, and you might get lucky.

Become involved with veteran organizations, but be gentle about how you go about wanting to purchase equipment and souvenirs. There are lots of scars that won't heal, regardless of how long ago battles were fought.

Then there are sites you might find like this:

Toronto Military Show

In these places you will find amazing military items, but you will pay exactly what they are worth. You will not find incredible deals, but you can expect an amount of professionalism when dealing with a group like this. They are a small group, so they all know each other, and most of the time, you can count on a 'real' piece of history, since reputation is everything in this sort of business.

When I read in this forum, about an incredible find, like an attic full of TR and the owner giving it away...I would think that it is a once in a lifetime discovery. Keep at it long enough, like the pros here say, and it will happen to you.

Collectors of integrity and fine reputation will rise to the top, and soon people will be tracking you down and asking you to buy from them.

-just my 2 cents.
    ScB

im in the same boat as you are buddy, im going to be 18 soon but i have been collecting and reading about WWII since i was 6. its a lot harder for people our age to collect militaria, mostly due to a lack of money. for me, i drive all over the place, make tons of phone call every week, work extra hours, and read a LOT. get to know a lot of veterans and other collectors also. and whenever youre at a flea market or antique store, search through every single box or pile of junk you can find. you never know what will turn up. i got a gold s.a. sports badge at a flea market when i was 14 for 5 dollars! guy said it had a swastika so it would never sell, haha man was he wrong.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    im in the same boat as you are buddy, im going to be 18 soon but i have been collecting and reading about WWII since i was 6. its a lot harder for people our age to collect militaria, mostly due to a lack of money. for me, i drive all over the place, make tons of phone call every week, work extra hours, and read a LOT. get to know a lot of veterans and other collectors also. and whenever youre at a flea market or antique store, search through every single box or pile of junk you can find. you never know what will turn up. i got a gold s.a. sports badge at a flea market when i was 14 for 5 dollars! guy said it had a swastika so it would never sell, haha man was he wrong.

That's the way to do it ObK ! !

Keep yourself busy checking every source you can, and on days when
    you can't get out, read up and study in the areas which you are
    interested in or want to collect.

The day will come when you get hold of a really good piece
    for a bargain price......................it's a great feeling !

( ScB, I go to every Toronto Military Show ! )

Regards, Steve.

Thanks Guys, I'll try my best!

ive had alot of luck in the towns just outside of army bases. lots of items wash up in antique shops

?

I have found some decent things at livestock sales, where there is a set-up outside of people having a flea market as well, plus baked goods and such. While the sale is going on inside, there is a lot of stuff to look at outside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2