MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Car boot - 25th April - A well spent £3.50 ?

Article about: Where are these boot fairs that you are going to? Round this area we get stuff like non-working tv's wraped in plastic to make them look new at boot fairs!

Default Re: Car boot - 25th April - A well spent £3.50 ?

Where are these boot fairs that you are going to? Round this area we get stuff like non-working tv's wraped in plastic to make them look new at boot fairs!

Quote by shadowwolf View Post
    Where are these boot fairs that you are going to? Round this area we get stuff like non-working tv's wraped in plastic to make them look new at boot fairs!
    I would tell you but it would be like a general meeting of the warrelics.eu forum !!!!!!

Up in Leicestershire Big bugger this car boot is. Normally about 200 odd sellers I reckon. Most are selling their kids clothes or toys (or indeed their kids), pot plants, old matresses with 'Stain will come out with vanish' written on the tag and yes, old TVs that have had the back cut out to make them look like LCDs.

But.....if you keep your eye out, you can spot stuff in amongst the junk.

To be honest it is murder there. This week I witnessed two women fighting over a knackered out pair of shoes that the seller wanted a quid for........I was ashamed to be human.

Steve T

PS And it's the only one i got to. Just this one. Nowhere else

Hi Steve,
    nice buys mate i bet you were chuft with them i know i would be.
    And that box looks interesting i would like to know what it held to,
    i didnt go this weekend, to busy but still happy with wednesdays find of the ww1 helmet best £1.00 iv ever spent.
    dave.

Steve, at our boot fair they were taking the insides out of old telly's, filling them with bricks (?), then re-packaging them in clear plastic to make them look new. Police were called in to shut them down. Nice finds by the way

?

Went back to Oxfam this morning, all volumns gone , but the manageress is phoning the other shops for me as she thinks that they may have either been passed on because they havent sold or that there may be some odd books lying around somewhere it the back of the other shops. Will keep you posted.

?

A mate of mine has just arrived and told me that yesterday he went to our local boot sale and saw a german helmet on the back of a kids sled, i just showed him pictures and hes just confirmed that it was a good conditioned Luftshultz three piece gladiator with the decal still intact and a reasonable liner, the price £15. Ive just kicked him in the gonads, because his girlfriend wouldnt let him buy it and i dont get on with her. Next week were going on our own, and i bet we end up with a bloody toaster.

Quote by davejb View Post
    A mate of mine has just arrived and told me that yesterday he went to our local boot sale and saw a german helmet on the back of a kids sled, i just showed him pictures and hes just confirmed that it was a good conditioned Luftshultz three piece gladiator with the decal still intact and a reasonable liner, the price £15. Ive just kicked him in the gonads, because his girlfriend wouldnt let him buy it and i dont get on with her. Next week were going on our own, and i bet we end up with a bloody toaster.
    Dave

Give him a kick in the goolies from me as well please whilst shouting 'YOU BLOODY IDIOT !' (that has been adapted to abide by forum rules. The earlier version was somewhat more direct and involved words of no more than 4 letters).

I'll be round your house next weekend as my toaster has broken and I normally have beans on toast for tea on Sunday. Please don't let me down.

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Hi all

I can't believe the luck I am having at the carboot just recently. I normally get 3 decent finds in a year but I am already on 4 finds and the season has only just started !!

Hope you like them

Steve T
    Very glad you are that lucky!!
    I am doing well too!
    Like you said mostly you get to find one to four items a season, now every carboot sale, garage sale or flea market is bingo!!
    Not so much for militaria, but I am very glad with the things I am finding.
    One of the items I did like very much are those very "1930 periode" frames; very cool to diplay some TR items in.(the first 3 pics)
    Very pleased as well with the plaster head on a feet , a 1920 item to display hats and caps! Something that is to get a helmet on his head in a wile ...for sure! (4 th pic)
    The gun and the buggle is the closest I got to militaria....
    I skipped on purpose the militaria fair at Ciney, and good for me!
    I don't think I would ever have been so lucky as on the carboot sales.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Car boot - 25th April - A well spent £3.50 ?   Car boot - 25th April - A well spent £3.50 ?  

Car boot - 25th April - A well spent £3.50 ?   Car boot - 25th April - A well spent £3.50 ?  

Car boot - 25th April - A well spent £3.50 ?   Car boot - 25th April - A well spent £3.50 ?  

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Anyone help with the ammo tin ? Or maybe it's an instrument box ?

It is about two foot long, a foot and a half deep and the same height.

Cheers

Steve T

Just got these in from an online auction. The Pictorial History of the Second World War bears a striking resemblence to Steve T's volumes posted here. Wondering if there might not have been some collusion between the publishers of the series. One for the UK market and one for the U.S. From what I can gather, there are 6(maybe 10) volumes to this set. There was apparently a second edition set that was published in the late '40s that included a few more volumes. Page after page of B/W pics with captions. Now I've got to find Volumes 5 & 6.
    The other books pictured were in the lot and are interesting in their own right. The OUR SPACE AGE ARMY, published in 1961, is a hoot for the fact that little to no details could be given about the equipment as it was all classified. THEN WHY PUBLISH THE BOOK?!?!?!? I wanted it for the front cover pic as it's been a topic of discussion on another forum I frequent.
    The AIRBORNE EQUIPMENT book is mostly text and would be of use to somebody involved in all that. It was published in 1976.
    All of these were won as a lot. $20. Plus shipping and all, totalled about $35. I'm happy.

As for Steve's ammo can, haven't been able to locate any details on that one. Still lookin'.

Rick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Car boot - 25th April - A well spent £3.50 ?   Car boot - 25th April - A well spent £3.50 ?  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast