Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Car boot sale finds this morning!!

Article about: Had a good look at my local carboot sale this morning was a little disheartend after an hour or so after getting up at 5.30am just could not find anything.On the way back to the van found th

Default Car boot sale finds this morning!!

Had a good look at my local carboot sale this morning was a little disheartend after an hour or so after getting up at 5.30am just could not find anything.On the way back to the van found this little lot just sitting there minus the wooden pulleys stamped 1944 crows foot marked.The items were this hat ,stripes,3x hat covers,bakelite buttons with an anchor on .I remembered just looking at the pulleys 10 mins before so went back for a better look found the markings so bought them as well.Bit of a naval theme going on today me thinks.Does anyone know if the cap is ww1 or ww2 please and am i correct to so far id it as a junior ratings cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Car boot sale finds this morning!!   Car boot sale finds this morning!!  

Default Re: Car boot sale finds this morning!!

anyone have any ideas what these are worth also please?

Not my field... any of this, sorry..
    But some nice finds

Royal Navy items are a real weakness in my knowledge, so I appologise in advance. I think the cap is WW2 era, as i beleive WW1 examples would be smaller in the crown.

Your guess is as good as mine on the rank.

I can only guess on the values: but I would expect about £45/£50 on the cap.

Could we see the inside of the cap please?

Cheers, Ade.

It all looks "Navy"

thanks guys i paid 20.00 quid for the lot heres a pic of the inside for you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Car boot sale finds this morning!!  

Yes, WW2 for sure now I have seen the interior. I like the dirty thumb prints under the peak from where it has been taken on and off.

Good buy

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Guys

I believe the cap is for a PO petty officer -a naval SNCO-the stripes are good conduct stripes the white ones from tropical rig and the gold are No1 uniform. Buttons and cap appear to be wartime

Cheers
    Perce

thanks guys

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    Had a good look at my local carboot sale this morning was a little disheartend after an hour or so after getting up at 5.30am just could not find anything.On the way back to the van found this little lot just sitting there minus the wooden pulleys stamped 1944 crows foot marked.The items were this hat ,stripes,3x hat covers,bakelite buttons with an anchor on .I remembered just looking at the pulleys 10 mins before so went back for a better look found the markings so bought them as well.Bit of a naval theme going on today me thinks.Does anyone know if the cap is ww1 or ww2 please and am i correct to so far id it as a junior ratings cap.
    hi,nice little find looks like ww2 eara cap engine room artificers rank.or other engineroom crew.value for hat i would put at £40-60 great find anyway regards barry