Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Craigslist

Article about: by Adrian You may be right on those. They look better the more I look at them but would benefit from some better photos. Indeed, especially for its counterpart IMO.

Default Re: Craigslist

Quote by Adrian View Post
    You may be right on those. They look better the more I look at them but would benefit from some better photos.
    Indeed, especially for its counterpart IMO.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The swords, the HJ diamond, Many of the tinnies, the Annexation medal, the War Merit medal, the Russian Front medal(s), the ribbon bars, Maybe a buckle or 2 are good looking....but the rest appears to be junk-Especially the box with the honor roll clasps and tank and paratrooper badge-and if the prices shown are indicative of any of the rest, they want a ludicrous amount for their stuff.
    Thanks William, Im not sure what his prices will be on the items I am interested in, but it seems like he does not know any values since he has low prices on some higher valued items, but he may know they are fake? ... not sure Ill just have to wait and see it would be nice to save a few authentic items from this heap of @#$@ if possible

If you do, be Extremely cautious. If there is That much crap in the grouping, you have to view Everything with a cocked eye.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

75% bad, the rest look ok
    Morris

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If you do, be Extremely cautious. If there is That much crap in the grouping, you have to view Everything with a cocked eye.
    Will do, if it seems to shady or overpriced Ill just save my money. Thanks for the help everyone
    By the way does anyone know what the banner with the red swastika is suppose to be?

The Heer buckle might be ok, the political leader buckle looks like the keepers have been replaced the other buckles are crap, get pictures before you buy anything!!!
    Ben

Thanks Ben, I will get more pictures of the Heer buckle and post them in your domain

?

This person has sold some of these tinnies on e-bay, so not all are available, he sent me the same pictures on request, but never answered my return e-mail. I also think he may be a member of the Wehrmacht Awards forum. That said there are a great deal of suspect items in the rest of the stuff.
    Regards,
    Pete

I wouldn't buy unless I got useful pictures and was able to either meet the guy in person or pay through PayPal. Craig's List is full of crooks, liars, and cheaters. Be extremely careful and always be willing to walk away if an item is suspicious.

I can't add much to what has been said. But as for Craig's List, I have added about I have added at least six good original unmessed with helmets from Ads placed on CL or families owning helmets contacting me based on my own personal Wanted Ad on CL. So it's not all bad, but it is Buyer Be Extremely Aware. You must know what you are buying and know it at the time you meet them. Few CL sellers are willing to wait around while you get opinions on items. They are looking to sell and sell fast, and usually there is always a buyer waiting behind you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast