MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Desert DPM Para Smock, Commercial?

Article about: Hi all. I picked this out from amongst some of the usual DPM shirts and trousers. Personally I have never seen anything like it, but judging by the label it could be a commercial product? I

Default Desert DPM Para Smock, Commercial?

Hi all. I picked this out from amongst some of the usual DPM shirts and trousers. Personally I have never seen anything like it, but judging by the label it could be a commercial product? I don't believe genuine issue smocks have hoods, and there is an odd internal pocket that I have not seen before. Although it is badged up to 2 para I can't believe that they would be allowed to get away with such a sloppy application? Also should have thought that the badges would be subdued?

Any comments on this would be appreciated. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Desert DPM Para Smock, Commercial?   Desert DPM Para Smock, Commercial?  

Desert DPM Para Smock, Commercial?   Desert DPM Para Smock, Commercial?  

Certainly the sewing was done by someone of little talent in that skill. Not an issue item according to the label.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yes Not an issue item and badged to 2 Para

What is the protocol / rule re stitching? Does it HAVE to be done by a mum or a professional?

Seriously...I'd like to know.....so....I'm a high performing orphan.....I have no one...but I serve.....what's the rules re my sewing?

I think its down to the unit Regs and Rules ,Where I am you will see tailor sewn on badges and also hand sewn badges where the guy doesn't want to pay the tailor for his services ,If this smock was just used for field use it would be no problem but as Working dress around camp it would be a big no no

...and that would be a civi tailor?....presumably he'd have all the specs re where to put them too?

Yes that's right a Civi Tailor and yes there would specs on where the badges are worn