Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Estate Sale finds

Article about: Had an absolute great day today. First, i hit a sale and picked up a WWII Navy grouping from a sailor from the USS Biloxi. Included were, various photo's, dog tag, discharge papers, a unifor

Default Re: Estate Sale finds

Thanks for the info. When i first grabbed the grenade, i thought it was a potato masher, i dont know too much about german stuff. A buddy of mine just told me it is a training model. The flag/armband and the small pennant (no idea what it is) and something that i believe says "munich" was $20 US, the stick grenade was $5 US.

The Goerring print came from a different sale and was a bit more. Any idea of the value? I may eventually part with it, as im really just into US stuff for the most part, unless i know a GI brought it home as a trophy.

?

thats a good deal on the german stuff.
    unfortunatly i dont know what the price for the print is. hopefully someone else will know

The Goering print is part of a series comissioned by 'Der Haus die Deutsche Kunst' (House of German Art) commemorating the founding members or 'Heroes' of the party. They are dedicated to the 'Kampfzeit 1934' (Time of Struggle 1934) and were all drawn by Karl Baeur.

They included, besides Goering, Albert Schlageter, Horst Wessel, Baldur von Schirach, Franz Ritter von Epp, Joseph Goebbels, Walter Darre, Sepp Dietrich and Paul von Hindenburg. It is of interest to note that Ernst Rohm was not included.

As for value......Sorry, can't help I'm afraid!

Regards Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Keep up the good work. You are doing very well...............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the info guys. Its been very surprising what i have been able to accumulate going to local sales. Most of it comes with a back story from the families, so that's been pretty cool.

Been a quiet couple of weeks. This week wasnt too bad. I missed out on a couple of helmets that were just a bit too far to go. This is what i did find:

WWII US Army Air Corps Crusher style hat

WWII used Ronson lighter

a baggie full of WWII era money from several countries, still going through it.

and a Japanese flag with a bunch of Japanese writing on it, if anyone can help with what it is, or would mean, that would be great.

WOW! What a great weekend we had. Hit a couple of sales, the highlights:

WWII Marine Corps Dress Blues, dated 1943, coat, hat, pants, belt
    WWII Marine Corps overseas uniform , dated 1944, coat, shirt, tie, cap
    bag full of WWII US ration coins, red and blue. Also, US ration stamps

WWII Rising Sun leather bomber jacket
    "Ike" Jacket from the US Strategic Air Force with patches, pins, etc
    US Tunic with patches, pins
    2 mess kits and canteens dated 1918, but used in WWII (name is scratched on one of the canteens)
    several garrison caps
    Woodsman's Pal Machete with stone and manuals
    Naval Cold Weather face mask
    Air Corps Winter Hat
    Air Corps sidearm leather holster
    leather leggings, canvas leggings
    personal shaving kit and can of Army issued foot powder
    soldiers Bible
    duffle bag
    Airmans heavy winter gloves
    rubberized winter mittens

Best part of it all, is that its all named, and i have been able to do some research on the original owners.

Great Stuff Jaybone, I wish they priced stuff more realistically where I live! I love the helmets and all the groupings. Keep it up!

Another decent week. I am fortunate to work nights and gave the time to hit local sales. This weeks bounty:

set of 6 US War Ration books
    11th Airborne patch
    theater made knife

"Ike" Jacket from Army Air Corps 8th Air Force, communications technician

US Army Air Corps Enlisted mans dress cap
    Garrrison cap with medical service piping
    4 silk sweetheart pillow cases, 2 from Mayo hospital
    sweetheart pin
    trench art ring
    Air Corps patch, early version

Theater made knife. Leather scabbard has soldiers name and serial number punched in (which i didnt see until AFTER i bought it!). Came home and researched the vet, everything matches up perfectly to an Air Corps vet.

This week wasnt looking to promising, but then we ran into an entire US WWII Navy grouping and some extra's. What I picked up:

Navy Blazer and pants, dated 1943, ribbons still attached. There are circular patches with a grayish/blue star on each sleeve. Not sure what the means, anyone?

3 sets of leggings, 2 are date 1943, 1 is dated 1942

US Web belt, which is cool, ive been looking for one for a long time.

Blue Navy hat w/ leather sweatband, named.

Navy hammock.

a pair of A-9 Army Airforce pants

and last but not least, a very interesting item, which i would love to know more about. Its called a Shallow water diving kit. Made by the Thompson Engineering Company from Grand Rapids, Mi. Says the US Army on the box, but i believe it was used by the Navy. Everything, including the instructions are still with it, with the exception of the "brass slippers". Honestly, its very cool! Any info is appreciated.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast