Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A few cap badges found in the attic:)

Article about: The only thing that I ever find in attics is dust and spiders....Very unfair...

Default A few cap badges found in the attic:)

My parents attic is very large and every now and again some goodies come to light I was aware of the ANZAC badge from childhood,but dont know much about the others or how they came to be there.A few cap badges found in the attic:)A few cap badges found in the attic:)A few cap badges found in the attic:)A few cap badges found in the attic:)A few cap badges found in the attic:)

Default Re: A few cap badges found in the attic:)

The one with the figure is for the Royal Observer Corps.

The other two don't ring any bells with me yet?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The one with the figure is for the Royal Observer Corps.

The other two don't ring any bells with me yet?

Cheers, Ade.
    Same for me, Observer corps and rising sun are familiar, but the other two are not, though one has an american/scottish look to it and the other looks continental or middle eastern.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The Australian one is a Rising Sun collar badge.Issued to all Australian army personel during both world wars.An iconic Australian military item.
    There are few variations and makers of these.

A few cap badges found in the attic:)A few cap badges found in the attic:)

All the best
    Dave
    Last edited by Thanatos; 11-17-2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: text

Thanks for the replies,im stuck on those two also.Another badge turned up today along with a photograph.Both belonging to my grandfather.I was busy when they were dropped off today,so i was unable to ask further about the photo,but will update as soon as i find anything out. My Grandad- front row 5th from the right
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few cap badges found in the attic:)   A few cap badges found in the attic:)  

The cap badge is of course REME, Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers. A ww2 pattern badge

The photo is Home Guard and it noteworthy for the Browning Automatic Rifles.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade,interestingly i didnt know he was ever in the Homeguard.If only he was around to chat to now.He didnt speak much of his time on and after D-day,wasnt even sure which beach he landed on.Dad does remember him mentioning that HMS Rodney was shelling just off the coast and the thunderous roar of shells going inland.Whilst in Normandy i managed by chance to see a detailed picture showing Rodney just off Sword beach so we're peicing it together slowly.Thanks again

Actually Ade, they look more like Chatellerault Machine Guns. :-)

Tom

The REME were formed in October 1942 which makes sense if he was active circa D-Day.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Tom I think you could be right
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few cap badges found in the attic:)  
    Last edited by cornishboy; 11-17-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast