Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A few cap badges found in the attic:)

Article about: The only thing that I ever find in attics is dust and spiders....Very unfair...

Default Re: A few cap badges found in the attic:)

The only thing that I ever find in attics is dust and spiders....Very unfair...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I reckon you are Tom, well spotted! Now that is unusual gun for them I think? The BAR was the usual option for the Home Guard.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Could you please show the backs of the two badges which we cannot so far identify.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Sure can
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few cap badges found in the attic:)   A few cap badges found in the attic:)  

The gilt one certainly has British style fasteners.

I have a theory on this one, well two actually, either Brit made for a foreign power, or it might possibly be one of the short lived Brigade Group cap badges, of which I have heard of, but have no reference material, and which date from the late 1950's. I am clutching at straws here.....

The other one has me stumpted, with an "American" look in some respects with the shield design etc.

Cheers, Ade.

The one with the deer on it has what is called an "Old Republic" shield on it. That is the style of American flag/shield that was common during our Civil War. However, I know nothing of the badge itself. Hope this sheds a bit of light on this though?

A few cap badges found in the attic:) Just when you thought there were no more cap badges left in the attic! Did anyone manage to i.d. the previous two badges in the thread?

?

The only reference i can find with K.S.F. and relating to America could possibly be A KOSOVO SECURITY FORCE cap badge, or even perhaps a purpose built Mercenary cap badge, but apart from that its stumped me as well, the golden badge certainly has a "Germanic" look to it, and i'm inclined to think its a badge made for a commonwealth country

I also tried looking for the two. The only reference to an American badge with a deer is to do with Vermont??
    On the other I tried googling crowns, but found nothing similar. It's really bugging me that we don't know....

Tom

Thanks Dave and Tom,a problem shared and all that......... is actually a problem multiplied!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast