Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Find 6-7years ago

Article about: Hello, I am very intersted in barn finds(manly salty caps uniforms). About 6-7 years ago when i was about 9-10 I used to play around in old abandoned farm houses in Hessen were I Lived, me a

?

Default Find 6-7years ago

Hello,

I am very intersted in barn finds(manly salty caps uniforms). About 6-7 years ago when i was about 9-10 I used to play around in old abandoned farm houses in Hessen were I Lived, me and my friend Horst, We played war etc, I found a shell(deactivated) in a old farm house. Can some one tell me what it is? I also found along with it a turnister strap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Find 6-7years ago   Find 6-7years ago  

Find 6-7years ago   Find 6-7years ago  

Default Re: Find 6-7years ago

Hi Otto, welcome to the forum!

If you can measure the shell, I think that would help.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Its about 15.24cm, so 6 inchs I think.

What is the size across the bottom?

Cheers, Ade.

?

3.81cm

Your projectile appears to be a U.S. 37mm M63 base fuzed high explosive type. They usually have markings roll stamped around the copper rotating band but not always. There should be left hand threads in the base for the missing fuze.

?

Thanks for the help guys!

?

Hello all,

This is the first time I see on a forum, a topic about relics found in
    attics and old barns, I think this is a great thing because this subject is very interesting and should be debated. In my country (Romania), once in a while you hear on the news about some dude finding a old rusty pistol in the attic of his old country house while restoring it or some workers finding some old war rifles in old schools or kinder gardens but there are other cases when people find weapons such as pistols or even a machine gun in the walls of the houses that they are tearing down,a friend of mine found a sword that way and my father told me that when he was young he found a long barreled artillery Luger after an old water mill was torn down in his village, sadly his father found it and he never saw it again anyways here is a video about a old guy who found a stash of 7 pistols and about 300 bullet in the wall of a house, hope you enjoy

Video - Arad - Pistoale ?i sute de cartu?e la Gal?a

From the way the copper was faffing around, i bet he's still trying to get them in the ammo tin even now!!

Doh!! Ned.

Quote by big ned View Post
    From the way the copper was faffing around, i bet he's still trying to get them in the ammo tin even now!!

Doh!! Ned.
    Sorry Guys ..... wrong thread!!

Double Doh!!! Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast