Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

"Kittel?"

That's a good one, no doubt.
    Anymore positions available in your fine establishment??
    What a find!!

I'm not sure if it's real! I'm confused as to why there are no maker, batch, or size stampings in the steel pot. Does anyone have an idea of it's value?

I posted this sign outside the office door. I guess it's working!

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    That's a good one, no doubt.
    Anymore positions available in your fine establishment??
    What a find!!
    lol, we're always hiring! It would help if you have a Commercial Drivers License.

My latest find from the garbage heap :

?

The German helmet is great! It is a M35 reissue, repainted. From the picture it seems that the National decal, or parts of it, is still under the paint on the right side. You probably already know it, but to say it again, please do NOT attempt to remove the paint and reveal the decal! That will be a great mistake, real damage to the helmet and will reduce its value! It is a great combat piece! Congratulations!

Quote by Sokol View Post
    The German helmet is great! It is a M35 reissue, repainted. From the picture it seems that the National decal, or parts of it, is still under the paint on the right side. You probably already know it, but to say it again, please do NOT attempt to remove the paint and reveal the decal! That will be a great mistake, real damage to the helmet and will reduce its value! It is a great combat piece! Congratulations!
    Don't worry, the helmet is safe with me!

Found this today:

It's a little dirty, and has a HUGE dent... but it'll clean up just fine and holds liquid without a problem. It's marked: U.S. T.A.C.U.Co. 1943

Finding a discarded German helmet? Wow! It amazes me such things get thrown away. It seems that your job is like an extreme 'lucky dip'! Congrats for saving these things from destruction!

Mat

?

I think a tons of thwe tunics andeven a smaller items destroyed every month on the garbages.
    As you've ask why the helmet is umarked. You cannot see the markings due the fat layer of reissued rough paint on them
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I am also a high school history teacher, so I am glad I can save them and share them with my students!

I figured the markings on the helmet were caused by the re-paint, thanks Dimas! Can anyone guess the maker based on the general shape of the helmet?

I know canteens are not rare or valuable... but does anyone know if I could somehow restore the canteen? Is there a easy way I could get the dents out?

I promise to continue to continue to post items I save from the garbage!

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast