Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

Ill go beat her up for you! just kidding Id rather not go to jail lol - Nick K

Quote by nkumburis View Post
    Ill go beat her up for you! just kidding Id rather not go to jail lol - Nick K
    I have a feeling she wont go through with it... or she'll wear it once while riding and then realize it's much too heavy compared to the light fiberglass helmet she's used to. I'll bring up the helmet in the future and hopefully get it back!

That is true, you should surprise her with a fiberglass one so she forgets about the other one. - Nick K

You are finding some great stuff there. Keep it up, and don't let anyone else
    grab up stuff you are interested in. ( You could cover the red paint
    with the correct colour if you so choose - no harm ! )
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the kind words!

It's great - you never know what people will bring in next!

A lot of our customers know I'm collecting, so they've been promising me various things... I think I'll be getting a bayonet for a 1903 springfield from one customer... I hope he follows through. Another guy said he's going to sell me some things, but he probably thinks he has the holy grail and will want a million bucks for garbage... finally, the mayor of our little city said he's going to bring me a Japanese rifle.

Arent you the owners son take it off her and make her make you coffee..
    god man a ww2 german helmet is a collectable no matter what color or shape !

Quote by michael77 View Post
    Arent you the owners son take it off her and make her make you coffee..
    god man a ww2 german helmet is a collectable no matter what color or shape !
    Yeah... you're right. But can't be greedy. She's all talk, so I doubt she'll ever use it. I'll give her some time and then I'll ask her if she wants it anymore. Patience is a virtue!

3 FINDS IN THE GARBAGE TODAY!

Trench Art 105MM shell casing. The shell is stamped: 105MM M14. Lot 15599 27 N.S. 1942. I don't know if the art is WW2 vintage or not... but someone poked in a star-burst pattern all over this shell. Is the color of this shell just natural oxidation... or has it been painted or treated somehow?

I also got two helmets! WW2 MKI british broadie, and a Korea or later vintage M1 steel pot.

The US steel pot does not have a heat stamp. However, it does have an ink stamp: 00599. The steel pot is also named: PVT E1 TOMMY HODELL. U554050599. The liner is marked US 20.

The Broadie shell is marked: O.L./ C. 1942. 82. The liner is a marked: 7 3/4 VCM I 1941.

Both lids are in good shape. The M1 is complete, just REALLY dusty. The broadie is missing a chin strap. It's liner is a little crispy, but is overall in good shape!

Can someone offer a value for these three finds?

I'm pretty happy about this! Best find in a while!

?

Just remind her the German helmet is not DOT approved and if she gets stopped she will get a ticket.

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Just remind her the German helmet is not DOT approved and if she gets stopped she will get a ticket.
    Believe me, I tried! She thinks she can use her sas to sweet talk the police officer... I'll let it be for now and I'm sure things will work out in my favor.

Anyone have anything to say about my latest finds?!

?

just remind her that its a beaded helmet and was not considered for use in combat therefore is no use as a crash helmet

Page 10 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast