Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 122 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

Quote by Bond View Post
    In a related topic, this SD M42 SS was found in a rubbish skip, before being sold to a local dealer, from whom I purchased it. No longer in my collection, now owned by Dave, a member here.

Regards and good luck with finding more items.

Jerry
    I think stumbling across this would be everyone here's dream! If the one who threw it away later discovered it's value, they'd be pretty gutted I imagine...

Mat

Quote by davejb View Post
    i commend you for bringing history to life with the younger generation, but with me it would be a look and feel but not wear policy
    Thanks for the comment, and I appreciate your concern!

I really try to be as careful as possible. Since my collection has grown, I don't plan on bringing in my prized pieces into the classroom anymore. I have an American OCD helmet ($20), a Japanese civil defense helmet ($100), a Vietnam issue US M1 helmet, etc. that I can bring in instead of my American front seam/ fixed bale, my Japanese Type 90, etc.

I try to pass around each item one at a time, and I walk around the room following the item as it's passed along. The medals, etc. I plan to bring in wont leave their cases, etc.

I sent out one of the M1 front seam/ fixed bale M1 steel pots I found in the trash to helmet restorer. I had it made up to honor my best friend's grandpa, who served in the Navy as a radioman. My friend is THRILLED about the helmet!

Here is the end result:

This is how he decided to displace the helmet and patch I got for him. I am honored that I could do this for him and really so pleased that he likes it.

These came in with the trash yesterday. I'm assuming that they're musket parts... but are they old (U.S. Civil War, for example?) or are they modern parts?

?

No standard short bayonet,note the fuller stops before tip..cut downs run straight through the tip

Quote by Torch View Post
    No standard short bayonet,note the fuller stops before tip..cut downs run straight through the tip
    Thanks for the response, Torch. But you missed about 10+ pages of this thread...

Here are my latest garbage finds!

I wish I had a metal helmet when I was a kid... the plastic stuff nowadays *****!

Not entirely sure what this flag is from... ti seems to be made of a felt like material.

I'm afriad these campaign buttons are repros. They have "AO-1972"

Nice finds! I like the child's helmet.

This thread is a dream...Thank you Gizmo!!

Someone threw out a bust of F.D.R.! I believe it to be a made in China jobber, but still a cool little addition to my collection none the less! It fits in perfectly with the authentic F.D.R. Campaign poster I have.

News about the Iwo Jima Japanese Type90 helmet coming soon!

Page 28 of 122 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 ... LastLast