Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 43 of 122 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

?

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

This thread turns out to be more and more awesome. The M35 is just great.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Freaking me out with all these great finds.........!

Joe, WWII PH's were issued up until the Vietnam War, however, I believe that these
    are likely are WWII manufactured sets. They should have what is called a
    'slot brooch' - the riboons go through slots at the top of the pin plates.
    There should also be thread sewn onto the sides of these plates
    to hold the ribbons on.

The newer type have a 'crimp brooch' where the ribbons are pressed onto
    a pin-back bar attachment, and the ribbons are not sewn.
    I will take a picture of the back of the medals when I get home from work today.

Yesterday was a crazy day for me... The school is on spring break, so I worked at the recycling facility from 6:30am until 2. Then I coached track from 3-5pm, then I went to some of my local gun stores and a junk shop... THEN I went back to the recycling facility to catch up on some paperwork until 8:30. I would be a lot more productive in general both at the school and the recycling facility... but I always have WRF and my Italian soccer websites up...

Just before I was about to leave yesterday, a customer called and complained that our employees promised to deliver her a garbage can on Friday, but forgot and her trash bags were piling up... SOOOOO I loaded a garbage can into the back of my Suzuki and delivered it to her house... when I got there I made things right by loading the can for her aaaaand I broke down her cardboard boxes for recycling (I used my handy-dandy Mosin rifle bolt tool!)

Finds in the GARBAGE!
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 04-03-2012 at 02:31 PM.

I doubt you will see a flood of vet stuff in the future-that generation has largely passed away already or has gone into assisted living-you have to be at least in your mid 80s to have 'been there' as far as WW2 is concerned (above average life expectancy for men)-even the spouses have reached that point-10 or 15 years ago was the point Joe was talking about IMO.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    I doubt you will see a flood of vet stuff in the future-that generation has largely passed away already or has gone into assisted living-you have to be at least in your mid 80s to have 'been there' as far as WW2 is concerned (above average life expectancy for men)-even the spouses have reached that point-10 or 15 years ago was the point Joe was talking about IMO.
    I see what you mean. I was just giving my inexperienced hypothesis!

I wish we were in business 15yrs ago!

I should also clarify. At our facility, we accept truck loads of "construction debris" which includes the stuff that results from building, remodeling or demolishing a building. We also accept the clutter that people clean out from forclosed homes, cluttered attics, basements, garages, etc. The clean out material is where the militaria comes from !

We also offer weekly trash service (which includes kitchen food garbage), but that goes to a burn plant.

Personnaly,i believe that the great brain washing offered to us by our present societies (buy,buy,buy,don't ask why...) drives us to the lack of knowledges,the lack of recognition,and the lack of respect.
    I have already posted this vid,but as it says all what i think,i do it again...Sorry!(that's in English and that's a great lesson )
    Normandy American Cemetary - YouTube

?

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    Personnaly,i believe that the great brain washing offered to us by our present societies (buy,buy,buy,don't ask why...) drives us to the lack of knowledges,the lack of recognition,and the lack of respect.
    Quite.
    That and generations brainwashed by mindless TV full of 'carp.'

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    I have already posted this vid,but as it says all what i think,i do it again...Sorry!(that's in English and that's a great lesson )
    Normandy American Cemetary - YouTube
    I absolutely agree, Seb!

You should see American schools... it's a constant battle between teachers trying to teach and students who are constantly using their phones to check facebook, make tweets, text, etc! They don't care about respect for history or their classes... they don't care about bettering themselves! All anyone cares about is what is trendy... what is cool to be interested in. Designer clothes. Celebrity gossip! IT DRIVES ME CRAZY! Things have gotten so bad at my school that the administration (against the best wishes of the faculty!) are now allowing cell phones in the school! Their argument is that too much effort and too many man hours were being spent patroling the hallways and taking cellphones away from students. Beyond that, SOOOOOOO many angry parents were calling and demanding that the school return the cellphones that were "stolen" from their kids.

This is one of the main reasons why I bring in pieces of my collection for hands-on lessons! The kids have short attention spans, and need something to hold onto and investigate so they can finally put down those damn phones!

Garbage find!

Finds in the GARBAGE!

It's a fake, unfortunately... blade says: "Pakistan"

Gizmo..
    My luck: my 16 yo beautiful daughter is a FB addict,like a SMS one(more than...200 a day with her boyfriend)
    Happily,she is also really interested in material things,cause she's studying french hostellerie ,service and cooking in a high school where the cells are forbidden and where you have to wear a uniform!!
    And she never says to her daddy: please stop with your boring WW2 stories,so at last ,she learn whithout pain!

Page 43 of 122 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 ... LastLast